Audiovox cruise control

CBXR

My latest mod is an Audiovox ccs 100.My reason is I get numbness in my righr hand on long rides . I have not tested it extensively as yet, But initial rides are favourable. I added a couple of parts A member from the other site was very helpfur and suggested intergrating an ICU from an older model Yamaha cruiser. I also utilised a "pico" six pin connector and a multi port vacum connector.This will be my first attempt at posting photos.

Looking forward to to the pics and the review. It's one of those things that I wish for sometimes, but not enough to actually go through with it...

Audiovox ccs 100

Installation wise Ican give you my thoughts.
1: The unit- I found placement for me was best on the left side under the voltage controller. This gave mea location to sweep the cable in a gradual curve
around and back tothe Icu.
2: Electrics .I utilised a six pin quick release connector. the connector is located above the exhaust control.in front of the coils. This gives you room to feed the throttle cables to the ICU.
3:I cut the throttle cables creating lead ferules to connect mid stream.
4: The ICU- I utilised an ICU from an earlier Yamaha cruiser.. For me the makiing of the lead ferules was the most time consuming. The location of the ICU is both for installation as well as maintaing a good curve on the cables going from the ICU to the handle bars. My feeling was that "A" having the six pin connector,
"B" feeding the cable past it on the right and "C' This enabled me to have the accelerator cables with the ICU pass on the right of the steering stem as tight as possible to maintain a curve to lessen any drag.
5: The Vacum lin runs from the unit to a five point branch tee and then to the carbs. this I did on the advise of a friend running an FJR. Some might prefer to have a manifold and one connection.
6: Electrics. the control is mounted on the left handle bar fabricating a bracket connected to a mirror mount bracket. The two other connections was the cut-out on the rear brake pedal electrics and a power source. I had previously installed a six point fused auxiliary fused panel , so this took care of this.
This is my thoughts. I hope it is a help to someone. I hope to post a couple of photos if i can how to.

Back