Arrow vs Yoshimura headers

FZ1inNH Thanks for the link. I have been looking around again at the Arrow via OS shipping. I always try and shop here in Oz first which is why I went to Yoshi again, but Australian dealers really don't help themselves get the business that is available. So I will talk to them about shipping.

Can't argue with Ivan's pricing but you can get it through an Aus distributor for the same kinda money if you ask around. Serco the Aus dealer just got back to me they do make a mid pipe and headers that will work with a Yoshi can. Not sure about other slip on's however I would be willing to bet it would be close as they all are angled to mate ith stock pipes.
Now I am not sure if this is Serco's part no's or Yoshi's but this is what they say I would need

1321-401 header
1321-419 mid pipe

Problem being it's only $100 bucks less than buying a complete new system...... New shiny parts and an older can and enough for 2 cases of beer - or complete new shiny system :(

Just wanted to update and add - Damn you Ballmead and Co ;)
I couldn't help myself after following this thread. I finally found someone willing to commit to the Yoshi combination I wanted of Headers, Titanium can and Carbon end cap in the R77. So there goes another $1048 Aus dollars out of my bank :) - Actually was a pretty good deal compared to Aus distributor's. Would have been even cheaper if I went carbon can or SS can. That price is landed here in Aus and they say 4-6 days to have Yoshi make it then 10 days freight. Everyone here in Aus was quoting $1450 and a 3-4 month turn around. Hopefully these guys are good to their word. As a bonus I should be able to mod my existing TRC SS can (make it a shorty) and then swap between the 2 as I want, with a little bit of modding - maybe a track pipe and a street pipe...
Thanks again for this thread though the info was great.

Hello,
my name is Harald and I come from Germany. My bike is the FZ1 from 2010. My next changes should be the weight reduction. In my first step, I will change the exhaust. My thoughts are the combination with arrow Header and akra carbon pot. But, after the comparison between arrow and yosh, I am not sur whether it`s the right way. If you can combine superior performance with even better weight, why not. But for the decision, I need the weights from the complete R77 System in carbon for the comparison with the other System.
So guys, please, has anyone the weight from the R77 full System???
thank you and best regards
Harald from germany

Don't know the weight of the full Yosh in the various trims but they are definitely light. Are you a racer? The difference in weight between the full Yosh and an Arrow header + slipon setup is not going to be significant enough to be worth much consideration. They both are MUCH lighter than stock with its two catalytic convertors and general heavy duty construction . . .Go with the Yosh if you want real midrange gains. Go with the Arrow if you want the prettier looking piece and the flexibility of using any slip on exhaust. . . .

I'd like to see this comparison again now with Ballmeads new PCV map. I just compared my dyno results to the ones posted here on page 3 and I'm getting the same torque numbers with my Arrow headers as Blanchy was with his Yoshi system. Given different dyno (same type though) on a different day they aren't directly comparable. I have a similar set up to Ballmead so I think his new map will be performing much better now.

Funny you should mention that. I was hoping to get the bike back on the dyno this weekend for a power run with the new open exhaust map, but alas my tuner has other plans ; maybe next weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

@ eurban
yes, I am a racer but for the racetracks, I have my R6.
With the akra pot instead of the oem pot (included Exup, -Motor, cables etc), I reduced the weight about 5kg. The arrow header change would be additional 1,7kg less weight. If I should get this weight reduction with the R77 System and additional more power in the midrange, this would be wonderful. In the first place I want to reduce weight. For example, I changed the battery (3,8 kg) against a LiFePo4 (0,869kg) for reduction so........

@ballmead
best regards to your tuner, but I need for my decision your newest dyno results, (not take seriously, it was a joke)!!!
okay, let`s see what comes out on the dyno.
have all a nice Weekend!!
best regards
Harald

Banzai - I am talking with Yoshi in the states and the Aus distributor Serco ATM about a system. The only thing available is the carbon version and even that is not in Aus. So unless you buy from an internet company it 5-6 weeks delay. Saying that Yoshi is finding out how quickly they can get a run of Stainless cans and or Titanium and carbon end cap systems. Then its just waiting for Serco's next shipment. I am actually hoping that I can get a mid pipe and headers to match with my TCR slip on, which Yoshi are thinking they might be able to do.

But if you wanting to buy local then a friend of mine is a Serco distributor so I am hoping he can do a better price than what I am being quoted every where else. Send me a PM if your interested in knowing the outcome. So far here in Qld I am being quoted $940 for a full system, which is actually better than what Ivan can do because of the freight (totally out of his control that we are so far away lol)

Hi JMEMGC,
I live in Melbourne and I have been in talks with local mechanic shop that forwarded the enquiry to SERCO for a full Yosh R77 system for my 2014 Honda CBR650F. They mentioned that the Yoshimura in US is not responding to their enquiry since its just for one order. I have had a look around on the internet and the cheapest I could find was at 58cycles $901.00 (free shipping) and second cheapest was at STG $942.00 (free shipping). It would be great if there was a local distributor who could match that price to avoid the hassles of international freight.

Appreciate your thoughts on this.
Thanks,
Kris.

Hi Kris,

I think you will find that the free shipping only applies to the USA. I just got quoted $401 dollars shipping from 58 cycle using their website shipping calculator [emoji15]

Sent from my Nexus 5

Back