Are you serious craigslist?

fazernoob66

I browse craigslist casually, I'm not on the market to buy but I watch the motorcycle section. How is it not a single sport bike has over 1-5k miles, regardless of age but has every mod known to man on it? It's just sad to see an 05 r1 with 1600 miles on it. Wtf people?

I browse craigslist casually, I'm not on the market to buy but I watch the motorcycle section. How is it not a single sport bike has over 1-5k miles, regardless of age but has every mod known to man on it? It's just sad to see an 05 r1 with 1600 miles on it. Wtf people?

Well, I may be able to offer an explanation. There are people with very high pressure, high demand jobs that have to travel all over their state with a van full of equipment to make a living. These folks may enjoy motorcycles as art in motion that can be interacted with and fun to tinker with even as a way to help manage their stress. After ALL the travel and ALL the work and ALL the responsibilities in their lives, they MIGHT have some spare time to spend time on their hobby. Some of it is spent making it look the way they like and some actually getting to ride and enjoy it. This is just one slice of the percentage of people that may be an irritation to you that I can vouch for.;)

Posers gotta pose, man! :) It takes a lot of time looking good, picking up babes and bragging online, who has the energy to ride after all that?

well... my poor FZ6R isn't feeling the love this season... sadly, I kinked up my knee playing racquetball a week ago... (still prob. ride some next week, have to at least get her inspected), so I took a break.... I was hoping to break 45K last week, but she'll have to wait... she is due for her three year inspection...

I figure once I decide and can afford my FZ1, I'll commute the crap out of her and not worry about mileage any more

maybe people like i am right now, great days to ride and stuck at home on disability with my hand in stitches. no way can i get on a bike and ride. hurts to use my hand in some ways...like gripping the bars let alone twisting the throttle.
and if i could ride...no money to buy fuel. be lucky to get up the rent.

Posers gotta pose, man! :) It takes a lot of time looking good, picking up babes and bragging online, who has the energy to ride after all that?

I know, I know, riding the strip once a week, during the warm months is quite the challenge. Afterall, it doesn't matter if they ride the bike, it still calls booty.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

maybe people like i am right now, great days to ride and stuck at home on disability with my hand in stitches. no way can i get on a bike and ride. hurts to use my hand in some ways...like gripping the bars let alone twisting the throttle.
and if i could ride...no money to buy fuel. be lucky to get up the rent.

What a shitty situation; get well soon

Not just bikes. Had a friend that decided to take up golf (Flog). Spent $$$ on the best clubs and gear, played twice and hasn't touched them in years.

Keep in mind, the ones that are ridden don't go up for sale as often. Therefore you'll see many low mileage bikes, maybe even the same ones over and over. People think they want to ride, but the real life hassles of motorcycles may not live up to the dream.

I don't get to ride as much as I would like. I bought my '07 in Oct 2010 with 1650 miles. I now have 9500 on it. Still not much, but way more in 2 years than in its first 3 years of life. It could have been a hold over. I have no idea how long it sat at the dealer before it was purchased or how long it sat as a trade-in. The way it was set up when I bought it, I feel the PO was looking for an FJR or GoldWing and couldn't make the FZ what he wanted. I think he must have wanted an R1 but really needed a GoldWing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have had my 04 skunk for 4 years now i bought it with 2700 miles on it it now has 7000 miles on it. i do enjoy riding but life gets in the way of that. riding to work is not an option as im an electrian and drive a company truck everywhere. and i have a wife and 3 kids who take up alot of my free time. so that is why my bike has low mileage........

I am fortunate that I can ride almost every day minus a few months in the winter. I take my bike to work any day that does not rain, and I use it for at least 2-3 100-200 mile rides during the week.

Back