Another belly pan/lower cowl question

Hey all

I have found a belly pan for my fz1N on Ebay although the one I want does not come with mounting hardware. Is there much to fitting it, and what hardware would I need? I tinker but I am no engineer and I want to make sure the installation will be relatively easy before I buy it. I have looking at all the FZ1's on here with the lower fairing fitted and they look great.

I think others have tried to find the hardware for mounting one but have been unsuccessful. If you are handy with metal and welding, someone here can take shots of their hardware and measurements for you to make your own. Otherwise, I'd wait it out for someone to sell their OEM with the hardware. ;)

I purchased one from the UK recently & the dealer assured me that hardware could be purchased from Yamaha.
Surely you would be able to buy just the hardware, as the hardware could fail at some point...?

:D It is two brackets and if they fail, I think the belly pan, being plastic, would suffer a worse fate. ;)

I'd asked the local dealer about it at one point when looking and they said it was all or nothing but it could have just been them being too lazy to actually check.

i've never seen the brackets for sale by themselves...

I do have lots of equipment and have made many parts, but these would be difficult to replicate and get it to fit right without some in hand to match them up...they aren't complicated, but with angles and positions they'd be tough to get right, IMO...guess it depends on how picky you are too...

I called my local powersports to see if they can be ordered without buying the kit. they will call me tomorrow with the answer. If they can and you like the price we can work something out.

Thanks for the info so far guys, I would go for the genuine yamaha pan but its $200 dearer then the others on ebay, although I had to get new tires for the bike yesty so will have to save again for the fairing. My new Tomok mirrors came today also, they look fantastic.

Back