Aftermarket Gen2 shock suggestions

Wanting a shock for my 2011 with both comp. and rebound adjustments.180Lb. rider. The R1 shock and it's mod's are not what i was looking for. I've looked at ohlins and Penske ,both over $1000. Hoping for something more reasonable? Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

I've been very happy with the Matris shock. I've had Penske and Ohlins and the Matris is just as good.

Attachments

• Matris B.JPG
    Matris B.JPG
    773.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 800 pixel Matris installed from rear B.jpg
    800 pixel Matris installed from rear B.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 8
It looks like the reservoir is angled to miss the VR? i believe they are over $1000 too though. i realize you get what you pay for in most cases.
Correct, it's a proper "piggyback" shock, the reservoir clears everything. I've never had a shock that was as easy as this one to adjust. No idea what a new one cost, I got this one through PJ. Just had it serviced by Traxxion this past winter.

In all honesty - I would have gladly went with the R1 shock and Satan adapter, except it raises the rear too much for me. If you are taller than 5'-10" or have at least a 31" inseam, I'd reconsider. The R1 set-up is plenty good for the majority of riders.

I believe that happens when the PM box is full. I know he's still active, I've seen him post in recent threads. Maybe someone here knows his email address or something.

The R1 Shock Adapter works with 2004 thru 2008 R1 Shocks. Approximate maximum rider weights OEM R1 springs: '04/'06 - 180#s, '07/'08 - 220#s. Heavier riders may need accessory spring replacement. Replacement dogbone available to lower rear for us inseam disadvantaged riders . . .

The 2015+ R1 Shock mounts to the GEN II without the adapter. Modifications to the Voltage Regulator mount are required. OEM Spring rate good for riders to ~200#.

Move in progress. Shipping may be delayed for a week or so. Sorry, fzparts.com website down for a while as server being relocated.

Unknown why this forum email not working. Maybe something to do with Vendor vs Rider administrative classification. Just happy to help. Alternative reach-me: [email protected].

Thanks for this info. i believe i read,maybe from you ,that the battery tray/seat gets involved and at that point mod may be too involved as a whole? relative to ones fab skills of course.

I contacted Mr. Satan who was very helpful but my bike has ABS so the pump gets in the way of the adapter so can't use an R1 shock.

Managed to pick-up a Nitron and it's excellent, much better than standard.

In all honesty - I would have gladly went with the R1 shock and Satan adapter, except it raises the rear too much for me. If you are taller than 5'-10" or have at least a 31" inseam, I'd reconsider. The R1 set-up is plenty good for the majority of riders.
I didn't quite understand your comment. I am taller and was getting ready to install an R1 shock using the adapter. I would think a raised ride height would favor a taller rider, no?

I didn't quite understand your comment. I am taller and was getting ready to install an R1 shock using the adapter. I would think a raised ride height would favor a taller rider, no?
I'm 5'-9" tall with a 30" inseam. Satan's adapter raises the back end up to the point where I can't get solid footing when on an incline or cambered surface. So yes, if you are taller than 5'9" this shouldn't be an issue.

Got my R1 shock installed finally. '07 shock bought on eBay for $90 and then rebuilt by suspension shop for $200. Just installed it this weekend using my Satan adapter. Oh and a heavier spring from RT because I'm fat. Looks and works great! (and waaay less expensive than purchasing a new aftermarket shock):

IMG_4910.JPG

Back