06 rear shock too stiff?

Utah06FZ1

Is it worth while to swap the 06 700 LB spring rear shock with an 09 650 LB?
I weigh 170 lbs and am more interested in sport touring over track days.
I just got my bike and the riding weather is still a ways off here in Utah and had some mods I wanted to do during the winter.
So far gel comfy seat, TBR juicebox, ZG fairing, AIS block, Airbox mod and TBR High flow Air filter are on my to do list.
Thinking about a Newer ECU or Ivans FCE for the throttle snatch issue.
It came with TBR exhaust and a Black Cherry custom paint job, I am seriously considering a retro kit, I like the look and it will match my FZR400's colors.

I weigh about 145 lbs and the stock 09 spring was too heavy for me. I called Traxxion and Lee suggested a 550 lb spring for me and my riding. It's probably worth calling a suspension shop and see what they recommend as well as getting the input from the great folks here.

Have Fun,

MrHix

I would leave the stock spring in especially if you plan on throwing some bags on. The 09 spring is on the soft side. The shocks Yamaha used are not so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1989 fzr400

Utah, you have an FZR 400? Raced one back in the eighties, miss that little guy.

Yes, I have owned it for years I bought it without most of the fairing I pieced it back together thanks to eBay and former racers. Look in the picture albums and I posted a pic and a little info on what I have done to it. I love the bike it is a real canyon carver for sure.

Back