CopperDawg and recent orders

I ordered some sub throttle plates at the beginning of October via PayPal and have not received a response. Has anyone ordered anything recently or know if they are still selling the items on the site? I am beginning to consider contacting PayPal to get a refund.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Josh

I ordered some sub throttle plates at the beginning of October via PayPal and have not received a response. Has anyone ordered anything recently or know if they are still selling the items on the site? I am beginning to consider contacting PayPal to get a refund.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Josh

I ordered a windscreen yesterday from the website. I contacted Pat through the other forum site and received a response in after a couple hours.

He is behind on most items with a heavy demand on him. This is an after-hours job for him. Please send him an email directly from his web site first and ask for his ETA on the product. If he hasn't responded in a couple of days, then I'd contact PayPal.

I can't recall exactly how long but it wasn't more than three weeks. I live in Canada on an island so it may take a little longer to get to me. The time it took to get them was very reasonable. The reason I bought them instead of cutting is to have the option of going back to stock......even though I never will.

Remember he is one person, you must consider how many of us there are and the number of different items he has. Be patient he has a tremendous amount of satisfied customers in the FZ world, I'm sure your parts are in progress.

Last edited:
Remember he is one person, you must consider how many of us there are and the number of different items he has. Be patient he has a tremendous amount of satisfied customers in the FZ world, I sure your parts are in progress.

Yep, everyone on the forum seems satisfied with his service. I just thought I'd ask since nothing has come across yet. If for some reason there were issues I am sure it would have popped up on here somewhere.

Well I am one of the ones that loves his stuff. It is top notch. Though I was a little disappointed in the communication. I still have plans to order again. I just have myself prepared for a wait.

I am looking forward to him opening some of this up to a manufacturing process to speed things up and maybe even lower prices a bit.

I knew there was a long wait when I ordered so I just did my best to not worry about it and act surprised when it arrived. He's a honest man and will deliver, but he's also quite over-worked and needs to get some help!

I love his work. The stuff is amazing!

Well I am one of the ones that loves his stuff. It is top notch. Though I was a little disappointed in the communication. I still have plans to order again. I just have myself prepared for a wait.

I am looking forward to him opening some of this up to a manufacturing process to speed things up and maybe even lower prices a bit.

Agreed his products are like no other...well worth the wait.

I'm not going to comment on Copperdawg specifically because I have had no dealings with him.
I will say in general that poor communication is one thing that will turn me away from a company faster than just about anything. Regardless of how small an operation is, if they have enough time to take my money I expect a response to any questions or status updates I may have within 1-2 business days. It only takes a few seconds to send an email to say "Sorry, I'm backed up, it may be a couple of weeks before your item ships out" instead of just ignoring inquiries.
The only thing more irritating than no response is a dishonest response. I've been down this road with all too many companies. I ask for a status update and they give me a specific answer like "it WILL ship on Thursday and we'll email a tracking number", then days pass after the promised date so I call/email again only to be given a different date... if you aren't 100% sure you can deliver on a promise to a customer, don't make that promise! If you do fail to deliver as promised due to unforeseen circumstances, take a moment to apologize and explain the situation and make it right. I don't care how great of a product a company makes, if they don't respect me as a customer I'll shop elsewhere, even if it costs a little more. Companies sometimes get to the point where they are doing so much business that they have a hard time responding to all of their customers, but this is the point at which they need to understand that the greed they have that is preventing them from hiring extra help may eventually lead to their downfall when they lose the chance for repeat business.
I'm done venting now, again I have had no personal dealings with Copperdawg. I think he makes some nice looking products and helpful videos.

Back