Your opinion on how my FZ1-N is running

Hi guys and gals,
i purchased a really clean 2006 FZ1-N with 31,750km on the odo.
Ive already changed the rotor for the updated oem version-original was in VGC......Frame welds look clean and structurally sound.
Came with a full tank of juice that had been sitting for three weeks prior to me purchasing her.
PCIII.
Micron GP megaphone slip-on
And it looks like the exup has been disconnected...(cables tucked away and tied to swingarm).
I cant remember if any other mods were mentioned, ive got to contact the previous owner again.
She's been dynoed and pulled 152hp (not too shabby).
Cold start rpm is approx' 1500...running temp idle approx' 1100rpm (might need a tad more 100-150rpm?).
Running temp idle is a little lumpy but its a consistent idle pattern and doesnt bounce up and down randomly or anything like that.
She winds out smoothly and pulls strongly through the rev range (5500 and hang on : ) ALTHOUGH...i did get a slight miss once, when i hit the throttle quickly (it was like she did a little spit and then continued to pull).
Decel is a beautiful, deep, broken gurgle with the occassional blip thrown in here and there...i say blip as she doesnt really pop as such (its a cool sound).
I understand the idle issue is due to modding the bike. Mine's not THAT bad (sounds like a mildly worked/cammed motor ; )

Does my bike sound healthy to you and do you have any suggestions or comments about the above.
Thanks guys, i really appreciate your comments...Cheers

My bike would idle lumpy as you say but it was misfiring. It would not pull cleanly from a dead stop. I checked all the coils and even bought 1 used coil. The problem went away for a week. I finally bought 4 good used coils and now it idles smooth and takes off perfect no hesitation

I to had a bad coil some time ago on my 06 and it caused a random miss at high load. But for a rough idle I would get the throttle bodies synchronized as if they are out of sync it effects the lower rpm the most and the bike will still pull fine.

Getting the throttle bodies checked sounds like a good idea Travis...coils are good as she pulls STRONGLY under load ; )

The engine is running better since changing fuel.

Bike idled average (bit lumpy) on BP fuel and produced a black sooty exhaust...starting the engine took longer when cold.
Changed to Caltex, idle has smoothed out a bit, exhaust is a better colour (far less sooty deposit) and she starts from cold a bit quicker too.
Who said all fuels are the same?....because they obviously are not!
Well, go on then, you tell my bike its imagining things : )

Clean your TBs while your at it, mainly around the throttle plates and idle bypass. I always clean them prior to the sync, normally find they need very little adjustment after a clean.

When I bought my (well used) FZ1 it had a rough idle and did not pick up clean on small throttle openings. It ran well enough otherwise. It has an Delkavic slip on. I tried injector cleaner and it made very little difference. I checked the coil resistances and they were all very close to each other so I did not bother changing them. I did however replace the plugs (even though the existing plugs did not look bad) and the bike now idles perfectly and comes off throttle smoothly so I must have had a duff plug(s).

Back