Yet Another Harriman/Greenwood Lake Ride

It looks as though the "weather gods" will be blessing us here in NY/NJ with another beautiful Sunday! I'll be leaving for "the Peak" at 9:45am tomorrow just in case anyone is looking to get another ride in before it gets too cold. I'll be taking the camera along and maybe the GoPro as well. Aside from that I'll also be taking along my cousin Irene. She's been wanting to go for a ride and happened to ask me so I figured what the heck.

So if any of your NY/NJ/Westchester/Rockland riders are up on the mountain tomorrow, wave the hand or stop and say hello. Pictures and or video will follow tomorrow evening. :sport12:

its going to be a great day for a ride. wish i could go and join you but for me sundays are bad from sept. thru march my daughter has ice skating practice every sunday. i was lucky enough to get out for a half hour today enjoy the day i will be there with you in spirit.

Billy, Josh and I will see you at the top of Bear Mt around 11:45 AM or so depending on the traffic. Looking forward to another great day of riding. Mostly sunny with a high of 61°. I'll take that in the middle of November :D

No problem. If for some reason they close the road before you get there just text me and I'll meet you down at the bottom. Also, let me know if he wants to take the bars with him. If so, I'll try and bring them along. Otherwise he can just pay me to mail them out to him. I am going to hit the sack now but I'll check the thread before I leave to pick up my cousin. See you tomorrow!

Back home safe and sound from today's ride. It was my cousin Irene's first ride today and she did a fine job. The weather was really great, not too cold, and beautiful sunshine. We met Tony and Josh up on the peak and then we all headed over to Greenwood Lake to have lunch. My favorite hot dog place was closed to my dismay but we wound up in Subway for some heros. Because I was "two up" today I never broke out the GoPro but I did take a few pics. Thanks to Tony, Josh, and Irene for a great ride!

My cousin Irene, who just happened to be the hottest biker chick on the mountain today!
IMG_0239-2.jpg

It's definitely looking like Winter is around the corner.
IMG_0243-1.jpg

The observation tower up on the peak.
IMG_0244-3.jpg

Beauty.............
IMG_0245-1.jpg

And the beast........
IMG_0247-2.jpg

Sweet looking Beemer
IMG_0248-1.jpg

Up in the observation tower.
IMG_0249.jpg

Getting ready for the ride home.
IMG_0251.jpg

I never thought I'd see "Girlie Gloves" on my bike!
IMG_0252.jpg

Awesome! I am glad you all enjoyed the day. We ended up with fairly nice weather here but I had to many projects around the house to ride. I still have plenty of riding days left though.

P.S. The cousin is indeed a cutie!

Had a great time riding with Billy and company as usual. Unfortunately for us there wont be many more days like this left this year.

Back