Yamaha's online motor manual.......FZ1

Boy I came across the motor manual that Yamaha makes available for the FZ1 somewhere, but sadly, even back-tracking all my movements on this site, I can't find it. There is a possability its on the sister site, as these are the two that I frequent, and I'll add about 50/50%. Can anyone give a link or an address to the Yamaha manual site? Thanks Rich

You talking about the Service Manual? if so, there is no Legal copy of the Service Manual available from Yamaha. There in no legal electronic version period.

Yamaha does offer the owner's manual as a PDF, but not the service manual.

The "sister" site from here is the FZ6 site... Not the other FZ1 Forum... we're not associated with them....

It, must be the pdf I had viewed, Well 'sister site' may have been incorrect, and 'the other' probably been better substituted, my mistake.... As I recall in my memory, it seemed that I had accessed it from FAQ.......but it's not clear in my recolection. Doing searches everywhere, for every possable site with worth-wile FZ info, one could get dazed and confused. For the most reliable info, you need look no farther than right here in your own back yard.

Hey Rich, the only way you are going to get a complete and thorough service manual for your bike is to buy one from a dealer. They are about $100 give or take a few bucks but if you man-up and buy one you can answer all the questions the cheap guys ask because they won't. I make it a point to buy a service manual for every bike I buy just so I have all the info in hand whenever I'm servicing my ride. They can be worth their weight in gold, especially when you are in the middle of something and need the answer "right now". Don't bother with any of the stuff you see on CD either, I tried it a couple bikes ago and it was obvious they had simply tried to take snapshots of the pages of a real manual then put it together. The pictures were of low quality and navigating through the thing was terrible

The clymer and the other one can't remember the name now are just fine.
I have had the motor out of my bike and apart more than once without the yamaha book.

Back