Yamaha reverse thread

What's the deal with the yamaha reverse thread? is it on the brake side, or the clutch side? i am trying to get my mirrors, and i have a regular threaded adapter that goes on the bars for the clutch side, and the regular yamaha mount on the right. do i need to get the yamaha reverse thread set of mirrors, or can i just get the regular thread mirrors? sorry about the confusion, i just don't want to order the wrong ones. thanks!

It would help to know the year, but as a rule reverse threads are used where rotation of a rotating part could affect loosening. My guess is that it's on the left (clutch side) setting on the bike. Picture the wind acting on the mirror as a sail and on the left pushing it counter-clockwise, thus the reverse thread "the wind-force would have the effect of tightening the stud, where on the right, the windblast would force the mirror clockwise and in effect tightening it. There is a method to the maddness ....lol.. :)

It would help to know the year, but as a rule reverse threads are used where rotation of a rotating part could affect loosening. My guess is that it's on the left (clutch side) setting on the bike. Picture the wind acting on the mirror as a sail and on the left pushing it counter-clockwise, thus the reverse thread "the wind-force would have the effect of tightening the stud, where on the right, the windblast would force the mirror clockwise and in effect tightening it. There is a method to the maddness ....lol.. :)

it's a 2001. And I don't have the yamaha clutch side, I have an adapter that clamps onto the handle bars. But the brake side is the yamaha. I tried to do some research, but some people say clutch side, others say brake side is the reverse thread

Back