Yamaha FZ1 N/S Rear Shock Protector System

UK Patent pending Nov 2008. shocktube

Also NOW on Ebay.

“Shock Tube” is a purpose made, high impact, waterproof vented neoprene tube, which encloses the motorcycles rear shock absorber.
Easily fitted without the need to remove the shock absorber from the bike, the “Shock Tube” will protect the rear shock absorber and spring from damage, while maintaining the condition of the unit for a substantially extended period of time throughout the life of the motorcycle.

The design has been thoroughly road tested, and has proved to be safe, and secure, in all conditions.

The rear shock absorber and spring, is a very important structural part of any motorcycle, not only does it provide your comfort, it also controls its stability at speed, and the way the motorcycle reacts to the many different road, or off road surfaces.
The rear shock absorbers, and springs, are particularly exposed and susceptible to constant damage from the elements, especially while riding the motorcycle in wet or dusty conditions.
The effects from road salt, water spray, and stone chipping alone, account for the most shock damage, and over time, can result in the premature failure of the shock absorber, or at worst an accident.

The Shock Tube

Hi,

I came up with the idea, as no one makes a rear shock protector for road going bikes!
In the USA they make them for MX bikes but out of a different material, and not to such a high spec.

In the UK there is one, but again it uses different material and it’s for off road bikes.
And there are a couple made for push bikes, but different spec to mine.

I have developed the “Shock Tube” over the past 6 months.

I have a UK Patent Application Number 0820352.3 Filling date: 4th November 2008 for the design and logo, and have had loads of interest in it.

I will be producing it in other colours, and hopefully with manufactures logos.
Its been tested on my FZ1 n, and a mates Triumph Tiger, in all conditions over 4 months and it protected the shock perfectly.

It can be installed without removing the shock from the bike!
And can be removed in less than 10 sec, and will not affect the bikes handling in any way!

So if you value your shock, as much as your bike, then it really makes sense to protect it!

Check out my web site at shocktube and click on "features" for more details.

I will be adding many more popular bikes to the data base very soon.

Cheers,

Richard U. M.D.

001b.jpg

and yes, the bike needs cleaning, but the local weather now is not great...

Last edited:
Fz1 Rear Shock Tube Protector.

Hi Den Arnold.

Thanks for your recent Email.

Thank you for your comments.

you seem to have tryed to secure the "Shock Tube" with the cable ties through the eylets!THIS IS WRONG. Please remove the Shock Tube and re install it by passing the cable ties through the 2 channels at the TOP and BOTTOM of the tube. (along the edge) The eylets are only for heat despertion!! Full instructions were supplyed with the "Shock Tube" so please refer back to them, or you can find fitting instructions on my web site. I hope this helps. Yours sincerly, Richard.

Shock Tube correct position of cable ties for fitment to shock

Hi Arnold,

Please click on the link below and go to the "fitting the tube" page then click on the highlighted text for the fitment pictures.

Richard. shocktube

Last edited:
Back