yada yada wont start thread

Yet another "wont start" thread lol. I have a stock 05 FZ1 that I just completed a undertail swap. My orig. got shredded when the chain broke and I've just gotten around to replacing it. I pulled it all apart and now that I've got it back together, it simply wont start. The only thing I can think of is the replacement undertail had its original tip over sensor still installed and I left it in there. I've replaced mine and still have the same outcome. The bike turns on but when I hit the fire switch I get absolutely nothing. The fuel pump primed the first time but hasn't since. I assume its already primed? There are no lose wires or connections.

Any ideas?

When you say won't start. You mean no click from the starter? No spinning starter? Take a screw driver handle and tap the starter relay while hitting the start button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say won't start. You mean no click from the starter? No spinning starter? Take a screw driver handle and tap the starter relay while hitting the start button

No nothing. Like I have left something unplugged. But I've checked and checked. I tried that and didn't hear anything. I push the ignition switch and get zero, nothing.

It was the tip sensor. I assume the one that came with the rear undertail was bad and must of damaged mine at some point. Unplugged it and it started.

Now to order a new one. Anyone recommend a good source?

scratch that/false info. Sorry for lack of knowledge here, but the plug with green butt connectors was unplugged. I must of tucked it away during the tear down.

Last edited:
I guess as long as you're all fixed! What exactly is that green plug for?

So this just keeps getting weirder and weirder. I traced the plug to the gas tank. The bike fires regardless if its plugged in and as I stated, I installed the tip sensor back in. So I'm basically back to square one except the bike works. I'm just going to count my blessings and move on haha.

And BTW the bike is for sale and I promise its not possessed. I'm asking 3300 obo

SmartSelectImage_2016-10-03-18-56-23.jpg

Unless it has less than 10k miles. That price is a little steep. But glad it's back working

You're probably right. The bike has 51k but the motor I swapped 4k miles ago now has 16k. The bike is clean, jetted, maintenance up to par with records. Beside two cosmetic flaws, the bike is extremely "turn key". What's a reasonable asking price/accepting price? I also have a Givi saddle bag and rack for sale.

If you have paper work verifying the engine miles than 3k. I only got 3500 out of my gen1 and it had every possible mod done to it. Sadly the bottom kinda fell out of the gen1 market now that you can get a lower mileage gen2 for 3500-4K

No the motor had 12 when I bought it. I saw the odometer of the bike it came out of. But you're right, these bikes have a really low ceiling anyways. I had gear and hard luggage I was including in that price, ill prob just sale it separately. Not getting out of the hobby forever, just for a bit. Thanks for your reply ferraiolo1

Yeah I took the hard to find bits off mine and sold them on here. People won't usually pay extra for things like that. And I was out of it for a year until i decided I needed another one. Today was actually the day the new owner took my gen1

Yeah I took the hard to find bits off mine and sold them on here. People won't usually pay extra for things like that. And I was out of it for a year until i decided I needed another one. Today was actually the day the new owner took my gen1

Gotcha. I hope to have bought a house in the next three years or so and that's when I plan on getting an 07 fz1. I'm proud to let my bike go. Apparently I must have 10 post in order to list it on this site.

Back