Wiring help...

Octupi

Let me explain the setup.

I have the protons on the front of my bike (’09 FZ1) and the X-Arcs (turn signal/running lights) on the rear. I also installed some cheap 4 LED bulbs in my headlights in the upper corners, a Pod Light mod. These do not have load regulators connected to them (yet).

The problem:

I’ve had the Pod lights, protons and stock rear signals running for the past week with no issue. The pod lights blinked a tad fast, but that didn’t bother me.

I disconnected the rear stock signals, removed the fender and put a new fender eliminator on w/a LED plate light (w/ inline regulator). I installed the X-Arcs into the system…black to black, Yellow to side specific turn color (green or brown) and the Red to the constant hot of the license plate light (before it went it the regulator for the plate light).

After everything is connected the protons would alternate on/off all the time. I cut the lines to the pod lights and that solved that problem…need a regulator on each side for those, will get that tomorrow.

:confused0024:The problem I have now is the X-Arcs power level when in running light mode is to bright, it’s as if they are at full turn signal level. If I turn the signal on, if you look close enough you can see they’re trying to flash but it’s hard to tell, and the flash rate is to fast, twice the rate of the protons. I cut the constant power to them so that they would only be in turn signal mode and they have the same fast flash rate, twice that of the protons, but look good.

What is wrong w/ this setup? I’ve tried everything and can’t get it to work. The running lights should be half as bright as they are and the flash rate should be much slower. I thought these were regulated like the protons. Am I doing something wrong?

Here is what the X-Arcs are, they should be load regulated

Last edited:
So I talked to HighTechSpeed today and it appears I've created a load problem on my system. By removing all the standard lights (signals) and using LED I have made my system think there is bulb problem.

Therefore I ordered One of these Relays and two pair of these. The load equalizers will go on the Pod Lights (currently wires cut) and then on the X-Arcs if needed.

They should be here on Wednesday, I'll update if things go bad or as planned. :eek5:

Back