Wifey Wipe Out!

Well, with the wife getting some more dirt miles under her belt it was inevitable that she would screw up at some point.

I have to say it was a spectacular crash! In all my years of riding (over 36 years) I've never been able to perfectly land my bike upside down after wiping out.

It was kind of tough to watch it happening since I had just stopped and was waiting for her on the other side of the hill. I felt totally helpless just sitting there and witnessing the carnage unfold!

She's fine and the bike is fine, but what a great off-road learning experience it was for her. She's still having fun and honestly riding really well off-road so this was a surprise.

Just had to share it with the forum since so many people have been watching her develop from a Ninja 250 pilot through her MV Agusta phase, to her Monster and now her Ducati Streetfighter. We all knew when we threw her on the dirt it would be a new experience and it's all working out and helping her develop even more for her track days this summer.

20160413_130930.jpg

It is Said.

That if you don't crash in the dirt, you aren't trying hard enough. You also never expand your limits if you don't find and exceed them.

That said, good job, and I'm glad she is fine.

Whew! I'm glad it was in the dirt! Still hurts, but I imagine not as much as a street crash.
I've been there, unfortunately....flew over the bars once on Corkscrew Pass...had a nasty bruise for over a month.

She's basically got a couple of bumps and bruises, but she's fine. I figured she would find that limit eventually! Just glad it wasn't at the track going 130mph on her Ducati.

I'll let her know what you guys said.

On a shocking side note, the Suzuki DRZ125L started on the first kick after flipping it back over. Cool!

I know the feeling. i rode dirt bikes as a teenager and when I got married, my wife wanted to ride too, She crashed a few times on different bikes, watching her crash was hard.

Even harder when I was following her on our Mountain Bikes one time and she clipped one tree and flew across the trail into a different tree... That was brutal to watch.

I know the feeling. i rode dirt bikes as a teenager and when I got married, my wife wanted to ride too, She crashed a few times on different bikes, watching her crash was hard.

Even harder when I was following her on our Mountain Bikes one time and she clipped one tree and flew across the trail into a different tree... That was brutal to watch.

Sounds really hard to watch. I don't know which is harder - watching my wife or my daughter wipe out. I'm just glad neither of them have ever gotten hurt.

Back