Wife, Bike how to live in peace?

FZ1IL

As a married man I would like to get your opinion in how to bridge the differences riding a bike, which is a selfish transportation in everyday life?
weekend get aways?

As I learned most of the people sell their motorcycle when children are born inorder to buy a car (i.e having two cars) for transportation. After 10 years they come back to ride and thats as long as the wife agree of course;)
(keeping 3 vehicles here costs a lot unless you are rich)

Where is the compromise spot in your opinion to enjoy this hobby/way of life as well as being a family man?

^^
it certainly can be hard on the budget , having to raise a family & run a motorcar or 2 & own a decent motorcycle . i think try to purchase a modest motorcar & have a decent motorcycle , but everyone has different priorities .

^^
it certainly can be hard on the budget , having to raise a family & run a motorcar or 2 & own a decent motorcycle . i think try to purchase a modest motorcar & have a decent motorcycle , but everyone has different priorities .

Thanks for the replay, I meant it to be a general discussion and opinions,
nothing to do with one private life:rolleyes:

Thanks for the replay, I meant it to be a general discussion and opinions,
nothing to do with one private life:rolleyes:

o.k. but i still reackon , i'd rather have a modest motorcar & own a decent motorcycle . i forgot to say & have a women that loves motorcycles , is a big bonus ..

I commute with the bike. I use it everyday, helps to offset the cost (especially with gas prices). I take the long way home, and sometimes take off for a joy ride.

I get to use it every day and I'm not really away from home much more than if I were driving a car

o.k. but i still reackon , i'd rather have a modest motorcar & own a decent motorcycle . i forgot to say & have a women that loves motorcycles , is a big bonus ..

good on ya mate, was this is a thing you took for a consideretion when you
became couple? Or if she would dislike bikes you would stil enjoy her company?

I commute with the bike. I use it everyday, helps to offset the cost (especially with gas prices). I take the long way home, and sometimes take off for a joy ride.

I get to use it every day and I'm not really away from home much more than if I were driving a car

Do You go alone on weekends to do day trips or track days? If yes
how often and my discussion is where is the right measurment (sorry for the english) every week, once a month once a year (god forbidden)
There are no exact rules for that but is there something resonable without neglecting your family?

Usually, I'm out both Saturday and Sunday running errnads on the bike, then I take some time and take off on a short ride.

Sadly, I have not yet been to the track.

much like Johnny i use mine to go back and forth to work to save money and wear and tear on my car. some side{fun}trips and some running on the weekends, bike gets almost double the milage of the car per gallon and ins is cheap too.

Back