Where's VA???

Has anyone heard from Aaron lately? It's been quite a while since I've seen him logged in here. I hope everythings okay with him. If you happen to log in Aaron and get read this thread I'd like to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Thats quite a stretch for him. He's usually logged in even if not posting. Hopefully he'll turn up safe and sound and was just taking a break.

Eric, have a Merry Christmas, you and your family! Enjoy the holiday.

Thank you Billy! Merry Christmas to you and yours! Take care!

Got a reply!

va_rider said:
Hey man... Been on my honeymoon and then home to Virginia where there is no internet... I've only got internet on my blackberry... And the forum isn't very blackberry friendly... Someone should do something about that....

So, Dennis needs to put up a PHP module that will allow simpler mobile content. :D

Thanks for the concern Gents!

Let me tell y'all a story.... so.. Beginning of December was the end of the semester... as my Facebook Friends know, my Laptop took a MAJOR dump in the beginning of December. So... trying to wrap up my final projects, and get ready for Final Exams.... with no Laptop.... wasn't going to happen... the result was about 4 days of staying up till 2AM, working on the laptop, working on projects, studying, and then sleep till 6AM, and back at it again.... Finally got the computer up and running in time to get everything turned in... then it was down to the final 3 days of the semester for me... which amounted to 1 Final on Wednesday, 2 thursday, and 2 friday. ... Also up at the same time.... My lovely wife and I left for our honeymoon Dec 12. The finals were Dec 9,10, and 11. ... so... busted my ass for 3 days making magic happen on the finals... Then ran home at 4PM after my last final, grabbed my bags and the cat, tossed them in the car, and drove to Charlotte to my sister's place.

After getting to Charlotte, some good sleep and a breakfast later, we were hopping on the plane to California... Honeymoon was WONDERFUL... California was mid 60's the whole week we were there... no rain... Napa was a good time... I drank more wine than anything else for about 2 days straight... Looked at Christmas lights in San Diego... went to the Wild Animal Park... drove up Highway 1 (The Pacific Coast highway) in our Rented Yaris.... (BTW, the Yaris is surprisingly fun....) Pictures here for anyone interested: Picasa Web Albums - Aaron - Honeymoon

After the honeymoon, we flew out of San Francisco at 12:30AM on Dec 20th. We had a connecting flight in Minneapolis that started boarding at 6:30AM and left at 7AM. We hit the ground in 5" of snow at 6:40AM, got off the plane, and had to run to the other end of the terminal to hop on the next plane... from then, we taxied down the runway, and had to get de-iced before taking off. ... we got back to Charlotte, NC and my sis picked us up at the airport

Along the honeymoon, we were getting regular updates about what was going on with the weather on the east coast.. and we decided that making the trip back to Boone would be an utter waste of time... so since we were heading to Lexington VA (where both of our families live) we went ahead and headed there with nothing but our clothes from our CA trip... our lovely cat.. and a case of California wine.... We were greeted in Lexington, VA by roughly 28" of snow. .. which was lovely coming back from mid-60's.

So we were in VA for Christmas.. and just got back to Boone today... We got to Boone, and I spent the first 20 minutes busting the ice off of my steps with a hammer. There was about 3" of solid ice on all of the steps, and under that, a good 10-15" of snow. ... All of the tree tops around my house are on the ground... apparently, there was a lovely Ice Storm here while we were gone... and electricity just came back on this afternoon after not being on since 5:30AM Christmas day....

But... rest assured... I'm back.... and I won't be going anywhere anytime soon (More snow coming tonight, tomorrow, tuesday, friday, saturday, etc)

And yes... the Blackberry doesn't agree with the FZ1-Forum site very well... Facebook worked like a champ, so I did semi-regular updates on there... but.. the forum is nasty on the Blackberry... Maybe it's time for a new Phone... or... I did just get the wife a new Netbook for Christmas... that would have been nice to have on the vacation.

Oh... and the results of the end of the semester: Straight A's. Aced all 5 finals. Dean's list and Chancellor's list.

great pics looks like yall had a great time. As for your phone I just got the new droid for my x-mas and i love it. it works great with any web sites i have visited so far on it... this one to.

Back