Where are the FZ1 Girls ?

The roads and air did warm up and I got a ride in. Same one as last October, only reverse direction.
002.jpg

No road pics because it was COLD, but had a great time, and not too much green on the roads.

012.jpg

Just thought I'd update...when we got the FJR for Karyn, we started riding in a bit colder and wetter weather, and the FZ1 does not have the rider protection that either the FJR or my V-Star do...so, I had to buy more gear! The jacket works great with the battery operated under jacket (which doubles as a nice lightweight jacket for off the bike tomfoolery) but my hands were freezing. Same company as what makes the battery operated jacket makes battery operated heated gloves. They really do make a difference...they are just a pure D Bitch to put on (the gauntlet isn't big enough, and while it goes under the cuff of my Killimanjaro jacket, it does not go over the cuff of the High Vis Epic very well.

We always recite: "Helmet before gloves, Keys before gloves". Well someone was SO interested in getting the gloves on they forgot the mantra and made a tactical error. So you will note, the gloves are on, the helmet is not. What is worse is that the helmet is still on the helmet lock and the key is still in my pocket. Good thing I have a friend with me...

3in1mcday073.jpg

Hi, adding a bunch of posts to the board so I thought I would post here too. New FZ1 woman rider from AZ. Not new to riding just the FZ is new. Started riding street bikes about 30 years ago and dirt bikes aoubt 10 years before that. My first bike was a Yamaha mini enduro. It was great the 60 cc 2 stroke would leave all the honda trail bikes in the dust. Took about 10 years off street riding, then got back into it a couple years ago. Did a bunch of research and the FZ will be my bike for a long time. Sport touring is my favorite style of riding, and this bike is great. I've added a lower fairing, double bubble windshield and hard saddle bags. Getting ready to take it on a 2 week vacation, can't wait!

Just got back from a 1400 mile weekend plus with 26 other women motorcyclists. I had the only FZ1, although there was an FZ6 on the ride. At one stop, I counted 13 bikes, and each was different. Goldwing to Gladius, SV600 to KS1200, FJR to GS650. Pics will follow on a ride report.

I had to call the Calvary. Cruzman came all the way across town and had the same problem I did. We went to Harbor Freight and got another tire iron. Then he took the rim off of the tire changer, put it on blocks on the ground, and we got it on the old fashioned way. I guess the HF changer doesn't like bridgestone tires. Putting the bridgestone on seems to be a two person job, even with the yellow thing.

Well, we'll see how it goes next change. It'll depend on what brand tires I get (what's on sale when I have money.) That rim is scratched all kinds of ways but the tire is on. Is it worth it to save $40/ set off the bike for a tire change? Yes.

I'm so sore today! Hands, back, etc. When my check comes, I'll get the proper wrench for the front axle. I guess I should have used the locking pliers instead?

I've changed over a hundred tires by hand and more then twenty different models and brands. There is no motorcycle tire that I have found that goes on and off the wheel easier then michelin pilot powers. Conveniently it also turns out to be a very good tire. If you plan to change tires at home, I recomend giving them a try.

I don't get on this forum much and was actually doing a google today for the fun of it. I find I'm talked about on several other forums too.

I'm the original fz1grl and have had that handle since May 2001.

It's icing out today and can't even get the truck door open let alone ride today :(

Anyway Merry Christmas to all my fellow female riders.

:sport12:

Back