When hanging off.......

I basically have always hung off the seat or shifted body position while riding on the street now.

I always get a good chuckle when I see guys riding around town and hanging off. You definitely need one cheek off you when turning into the Chuck E Cheese parking lot.

But to be fair, I utilise body position a lot in the winter when the roads are snowy or frosty. It also helps keep the seat clean for all those butt clenching winter moments lolup

I always get a good chuckle when I see guys riding around town and hanging off. You definitely need one cheek off you when turning into the Chuck E Cheese parking lot.

But to be fair, I utilise body position a lot in the winter when the roads are snowy or frosty. It also helps keep the seat clean for all those butt clenching winter moments lolup

Uhh, we don't have that many Chuck E Cheese here, but we do have a lot Peter Piper Pizza.

I'm probably just paranoid because any time I see road debris/gravel/dirt I'm clinching up and keeping the bike upright.

That and there is this one right hand corner that has a positive camber to it that is like a kiddy park ride when you take it hanging off.

Uhh, we don't have that many Chuck E Cheese here, but we do have a lot Peter Piper Pizza.

I'm probably just paranoid because any time I see road debris/gravel/dirt I'm clinching up and keeping the bike upright.

That and there is this one right hand corner that has a positive camber to it that is like a kiddy park ride when you take it hanging off.

You need a cheap ass dirt bike and some foul conditions and you will be cured.

After reading this thread, I thought about my riding position. I tend to hang off on the street because it feels better to me. I am not a super fast rider, but when I hang off in a fast turn it makes me feel more stable and gives me the option of more lean angle if I need it. Always good to have an out in case of bad road conditions in your line. Knee out and a cheek and a half off. IMO it makes me feel a bit safer.

When making a gentle turn, I can move my body toward the inside of the turn, putting weight on the inside peg, and the bike will make the turn without even touching the handlebars.

So let's presume a rider is riding on a track, shifting his weight, knee out, kissing the mirror, etc., etc. What should be done regarding placing weight on the foot pegs?

do you have friends in the Police and they block the roads for you?????

:jaw drop:

I know I was watching Senal's vid. The only thing I noticed is there is no side roads that join the road he's gong on.

Senal, nice riding. The sliding over to each side looks good.

Thanks Sky. There's only 3 dirt roads that lead off to houses that I can think of. And no hehe no one blocks the road for me. I just know when to go. I've never seen a cop in the later afternoon.

nice Get some!!! I didn't know where you lived and after watching the vid I thought those look like CA roads..lol nice

Thanks! Yup you're right this is Skaggs Springs Road and I'm just about 4 hours south of you in North Bay. Oh and I know you run Q3's.. Well I just switched to them from PP3's and I'm loving them!

I do love them they wear out a little fast but grip like mad. I am going to have to ride that road, a few of my fiends from up here have gone down and done it. looks like fun. I used the Q3's at a track day in Oct they worked great there also :).

Back