When gravel attack

Well, it was gonna happen someday, and Sunday was that day. I hit some unexpected pea gravel in the road. I was a slightly downhill left hand turn marked 15MPH.

MQZtKIh.png

WtoWaHB.png

6Uc8Jaq.png

1NgJcP4.png

2MUUOLd.png

It's mostly cosmetic. However, it will likely be totaled. I'm hoping they give me $1 short of that.

Now, how did I fare? Damn good. My right hip hit first. I think I bounced and then my onto my back. I didn't go very far and did not hit very too hard. I will be sore next week, but my gear did its job. I was wearing my Alpinestars BAT leather pants and leather jacket with my MSR enduro jacket over it for warmth.
Minor damage to the jacket.

The bad news is that my memory card flaked out and I did not get it on video.

Oh well. Be careful out there!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your off. I'm glad that you are ok and good luck with the bike.

There was plenty to hit on the outside of that corner, so you got out of it real well.

Wow, rough one Mike. I'm glad to see that your frame sliders did their job and spared your engine case. Looks like it's mainly cosmetic like you said and hopefully you heal up quick. Too bad about your iPhone.

A little more gravel and it would have simply low-sided, but just as soon as the pea gravel cleared, my Dunlop Road Smart 2 regained traction. A slow speed high side ensued on the downhill turn.

Back