What's a good price?

I hav been working wit a dealer on a new (2008 I think( FZ1 with a DL650 as a trade. The DL has 11,000 miles and it's a 2008. The dealer is offering me $3890 for the V-Strom. I know a trade-in usually costs the owner quite a bit, but with 2' of snow on the ground there's not a lot of people looking and I'm headed for Gulf Shores in a week. Anyway, the dealer said he would give me the FZ1 for $8380 and I suspect he'll be adding some transportation and maybe setup on. What kind of prices have the members been getting in the off-season?

Is the 8380 with the trade, or in addition??

just have to aske b/c why pay 11k for a bike that lists around 9,200?

Want to deal, and it is your call, 7500 out the door delivered/taxes/setup and whatever other "fees" they have but that is just me.....

Also, you financing or paying cash, b/c that in itself gives you a better bargaining position if you have cash in hand.

BroHay

Last edited:
Is the 8380 with the trade, or in addition??

just have to aske b/c why pay 11k for a bike that lists around 9,200?

Want to deal, and it is your call, 7500 out the door delivered/taxes/setup and whatever other \"fees\" they but that is just me.....

Also, you financing or paying cash, b/c that in itself gives you a better bargaining position if you have cash in hand.

BroHay

I agree wth BroHay. I paid right at $10K last July for my '08. I would think now, with 8" of snow on the ground (at least here) that they would discount any bike they managed to sell.

The deal so far was $8380 for the FZ, $3980 for the Strom. I paid about $7000 OTD for the Strom in April of this year from another dealer. He's supposed to come back to me today with all the final numbers. I think I should be looking at about $5500 OTD with the trade. I'll let you know what he comes up with. So far the strom has been a great bike, it got me out to Billings, Montana last summer in great shape and my riding partner was on a 2006 Electraglide Ultra. He was the one trying to keep up out in the high mountain curves. I've just had the urge to get back into a more sporting bike before I'm too damned old to ride one (58 years on the planet, 44 years in the saddle).

The deal so far was $8380 for the FZ, $3980 for the Strom. I paid about $7000 OTD for the Strom in April of this year from another dealer. He's supposed to come back to me today with all the final numbers. I think I should be looking at about $5500 OTD with the trade. I'll let you know what he comes up with. So far the strom has been a great bike, it got me out to Billings, Montana last summer in great shape and my riding partner was on a 2006 Electraglide Ultra. He was the one trying to keep up out in the high mountain curves. I've just had the urge to get back into a more sporting bike before I'm too damned old to ride one (58 years on the planet, 44 years in the saddle).

I would wait until Spring and try and sell the DL privately. It's practically new and they are only giving you just over half of what you paid. I understand that they have to sell it again and make some money. When I went to the dealer with my 05' Honda, they offered me 3,000 for it. I went private and sold it for over 4,000 dollars. That covered the cost of the FZ1 and then some.

Back