what you think?

i got 06 fz1 bmc filter and geting ready to put slipon on it and mod airbox and decat the header rerout the wires in the frame holes shave flies down on subthrottle like copperdawg shows. was woundering what power commander i should go with i know you guys usualy use pclll and have acess to good maps for it but what about the new pcV thing. also dont know if i should block off smog hole thing yea either.

i should probly just get a pc3 and find a map that goes with my mods right oh i was also woundering if anybudy had one if not i think im going to just buy one off ebay unless you guys know of somewhere else i should get it

Last edited:
I've heard of a map pack on the other forum....but I do not know what it takes to obtain since I'm a Gen I rider....someone will know who is Gen II....fellas?

ty for help everybudy i geuss im going to buy the pc3 from ebay then find a map that fits with my mods so far. whats the point of blocking off smog injection thing tho i dont know to much bout it

ty for help everybudy i geuss im going to buy the pc3 from ebay then find a map that fits with my mods so far. whats the point of blocking off smog injection thing tho i dont know to much bout it

The point of blocking the AIS is to eliminate the sound of the exhaust popping with an aftermarket exhaust. Does nothing for performance so if the popping doesn't bother you then you can just leave it alone.

The point of blocking the AIS is to eliminate the sound of the exhaust popping with an aftermarket exhaust. Does nothing for performance so if the popping doesn't bother you then you can just leave it alone.

NJ is there any information on how to disconnect the AIS. I disconnected it on my Honda VTX and although there is no power to be gained the decel popping was eliminated. I hate that bum, bum, bum de bum, crap with an aftermarket exhaust.

When you open the airbox, there is an opening on the clutch side of the airbox with a tube connected beneath the airbox. Find a thick rubber cap to put over that opening and a good hose clamp to tighten around it. That is the AIS inlet.

It's the one you see here on the left, right up above the left-most opening for the intake.

1161d1256832659-air-box-mod-lars1.jpg

i took the stock pipe off and servo wires still waiting on my new can. but now noticed that without the stock exahust the chain actualy scrapes dirt off my centerstand but dont touch it yet so i need to rig it up to weare it dont recide up so much did you guys notice that to. gen2 bike tho. what was the main reson for the exuast servo valve.

Noise

i took the stock pipe off and servo wires still waiting on my new can. but now noticed that without the stock exahust the chain actualy scrapes dirt off my centerstand but dont touch it yet so i need to rig it up to weare it dont recide up so much did you guys notice that to. gen2 bike tho. what was the main reson for the exuast servo valve.

As far as I know: Noise reduction at low revs.

Yeah Photo shop

When you open the airbox, there is an opening on the clutch side of the airbox with a tube connected beneath the airbox. Find a thick rubber cap to put over that opening and a good hose clamp to tighten around it. That is the AIS inlet.

It's the one you see here on the left, right up above the left-most opening for the intake.

1161d1256832659-air-box-mod-lars1.jpg

Just playing with photoshop. Might help clarify. I'll do it when I install the K&N filter and the MIVV in the next week or two.

Last edited:
ive got the pc3 installed exhaust on and decated the header air box mod removed the flies whats the o2 senser removing or aftermarket thing? i want to get a map for it but dont know what to get yet im geting confused might get it tuned but dont know how much that will cost yet going to check but do i need to leave my o2 alone or what.

Back