What tyre pressures do you run?

sigin

Must have been asked here before. Just wanted to know what tyre pressure do you people run on the road? I run 39 PSI rear and 33 PSI front. Just wanted to know what is advisable to increase tyre mileage without much compromise on handling. Bike suspension stiffer than stock.

I set them at 36F 42R and when they lose a bit of pressure over a month or so, say 34F 38R, I'll top them up. In my experience it's not that critical if you have them within a couple of psi of a set point, these aren't race bikes which can be sensitive to pressures.

I set them at 36F 42R and when they lose a bit of pressure over a month or so, say 34F 38R, I'll top them up. In my experience it's not that critical if you have them within a couple of psi of a set point, these aren't race bikes which can be sensitive to pressures.

Well put. I ran 38/42 with PR2 and 30/32 on the track

Won't this affect your tyre mileage? How much are you effectively getting with this tyre pressure?

3k miles on the front and 1500-2k miles on the rear.
My 01 is at 38 front 34 rear right now
I ran my 06 fz1 at 34/32 rode it a lot harder.
My zx14 is at 44/25 for dragracing and 38/34 on the steets 34/32 if im riding hard.

Holy crap! That kind of tire life is exactly why I run stock pressures. I'd have to replace my rear tire 10 times a year if I ran what jlewis does. :eek:

Last edited:
3k miles on the front and 1500-2k miles on the rear.
My 01 is at 38 front 34 rear right now
I ran my 06 fz1 at 34/32 rode it a lot harder.
My zx14 is at 44/25 for dragracing and 38/34 on the steets 34/32 if im riding hard.
That's what I expected. On mine I haven't seen more than 3500 km on the rear.

Its also important to mention what tire your running. Different models have different profiles and other characteristics that are affected by higher/lower pressure.

07 w/PR 2's. 215 lb rider. This is my 2nd set of PR's, where I got 17k from the 1st set. Currently at 12k on this set.
38 r / 36 f.

I have been running Dunlops - Qualifier, GP Sportmax - they all have been giving less than 3500 Km. Probably these are not suited for the weather conditions out here where it gets to around 52 deg in summer. We don't get any Bridgestones out here unfortunately, except only as OEM for few bikes. Currenlt I put on Shinko R010, good road grip again low mileage. Will change to stock tyre pressure for the next rear and see outcome.

Words of knowledge from the twisties of the Texas Hill Country.

36/42..............couldn't agree more. My poor chicken strips are down to some pretty slim Sanity Strips at that pressure.

Back