What are you hoping happens with the NFL lockout?

Maybe more people will watch college football where there are no over priced players and the game actually is not scripted and means something to the players. I've about had it with all pro sports. It's all rigged, scripted and corrupt. College sports are far better games to watch in any sport.

I'm so tired of both sides squabbling about money already! The team owners created this mess so let them deal with it now. The best part is that they want the general public, most of whom are living paycheck to paycheck, to sympathize with guys who are making millions of dollars each year to play a sport! They need to revamp the entire realm of professional sports and start all over again. Get rid of all these "prima donnas" who don't feel that 15 million a year will feed their family, and let some new young players who just want to play, step in and show their stuff! They also (Team Owners), want us, who can't afford to even bring their family to see a game live, to have pity on their plight! Try taking a normal family of three or four to Yankee Stadium to see a game. Good luck! Who has $400 dollars to blow on a ball game?! Screw all of them! If they didn't play another game forever I couldn't care less! There is much better action in amateur league games anyway! Go see a Brooklyn Cyclones game or Long Island Ducks where franks and pretzels are still $1.50 and the players play their hearts out.

They need to make up a system of pay in stages. You have 1 to 3 years in the league, you make "this much", 4 to 7 years you make "this much", and so on until let's say there is a cap at 10 to 12 years to the league maximum. Other than that you can make whatever you want in endorsements and bonus's for playoffs and championships. Then you can drop the prices for people like me to be able to see a game in person, and afford to get a friggin hot dog for my kid without taking a second mortgage! If the players don't like it let them go to Canada, Europe, or Japan! Good riddens!

Maybe more people will watch college football where there are no over priced players and the game actually is not scripted and means something to the players. I've about had it with all pro sports. It's all rigged, scripted and corrupt. College sports are far better games to watch in any sport.

I heard today on the radio that there is consideration for paying NCAA players!

I wonder if I can collect money from my days in school? I'm due at least a $1.95!!!

I do agree with you Eric, I like college football much better then NFL. College baseball is great too. With UT here in town we get the best of NCAA baseball and it is an outstanding quality of play. The pros can go pound sand for all I care.

Overpaid whiners. What happend to playing for the love of the game, or the fact that you could play a game and get paid for it. Instead of being one of the "workers" ,you get to paid to play a game....
" But 1-15 million a year ....I'm just trying to feed my family...Really? We need caps on what they make....if you don't want it...go elseware. :confused0024:

Billy and Eric summed up my feelings entirely. I now believe much of pro sports is rigged, scripted, whatever. I watch the calls and they make no sense whatsoever. The players are a bunch of prima donna whinebags complaining about money when the rest of the country is struggling to put gas in their tanks. We put these guys on a pedestal, for what...kicking a ball really far? We have kids dying overseas no one will know about who are real heroes, and 80 year old ladies sending half their social security for 50 different charities while they live the most minimal existence. Let the "pros" get a real job. Sorry, rant over.

Take all that extra money the NFL has in profits that they are fighting over and decrease the cost of tickets for the fans. Screw the players.

Isn't it amazing that they are fighting over the extra "Billion" dollars in TV revenue, yet normal working guys like me can't even afford to buy a ticket to see a game. At the same time the country is in the perverbial "toilet" and they want us to feel sorry for them! The problem with this country is that there is no unity whatsoever when it comes to issues like this. With the technology we have these days, you'd think it would be possible for everyone to get together and boycott these games. The same with the gas prices. Why is it so difficult to come together and decide not to buy any gas for two days, or not to go to a friggin ball game. Is it that hard??? Maybe I'm delusional in my thinking, but I tend to think that 90% of all people here are fed up with how things are going yet they won't stand together and fight the cause. Is it that hard NOT to see a sports team, or to buy gas for two days straight? I buy gas once a week? I'm totally sick of the crap thats going on in our so called "Greatest Country In The World".

I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if there was no NFL season this year. Like many of you I have lost interest over the years when it comes to professional sports. I'm at the point that I wont go to a game unless I get "free" tickets, not because I can't afford it, but because I really don't want to support a bunch overpaid athletes.

I have been a Raiders fan for over 30 yrs. LOL Even though Al is making it VERY hard to stay loyal over the last 10 yrs!!! LOL HAHAHAHA!!!
Honestly I LOVE football. It was my life for a long time but ever since free agency - I have lost a lot of love for the game. There are no more dynasties. The grudge games have lost a lot of their meaning because there are different players almost every year. I don't like that. I understand that it's better for the players but all in all - I choose college ball.
I love the passion that these college guys play with. They give their all and never get paid a cent. I really respect and enjoy the college game 10x more than the pros!
So I guess I hope there is no lock out. I love football and I always will but pro football.......:confused0024:

Back