Tyres Michelin pilot road 4 or Bridgestone T30

Delta

So I'm ready to buy new rubber. I can't decide on the road 4 or the T30
I ride quite hard with my mates and I also ride sensible on my way to work on my own. Which is the better all round tyre guys? I like the look of the Bridgestone T30 over the look of the Michelin pr4.
I have a set of Michelin pr2 on the rear and a pilot power on the front at the moment. They was on the bike when I bought it 6 months ago. There was enough rubber to do me 6 months now the time has come for new rubber.
Most of my bikes I've had Bridgestone 016 on and rated them on my cbr 600
But I'm not sure what to use on the fz1. Opinions please guys if you will.
Thanks. Delta.

Never liked the PR3s but the 4s are said to be much better, the thread pattern does not extend anymore to the edge of the tire so the problems with large lean angles should be gone. The 3s always lasted very long but got a bit overheated when pushed for longer times. I am now using Pirelli Angle GT and they are very sport and have excellent wet grip (on par with the PR3s), they last much longer than sport tires. However no touring tire will compete to the real sport tires when it comes to canyon carving. For my riding style the Angle GT are great, however the Corsa are much better for spirited riding but there should be no wet day and it must be warm.

I have the pr4's and still love them with almost 7k miles on them. Should easily get over 10k miles. Wear is great, handling is still great and wear is great compared to anything else I have ever had. I will definetly buy them again when the present set is worn out.

I have the pr4's and still love them with almost 7k miles on them. Should easily get over 10k miles. Wear is great, handling is still great and wear is great compared to anything else I have ever had. I will definetly buy them again when the present set is worn out.
Me too. I like them for the kind of riding I do 99% of the time. On that 1% when I may be a bit aggressive I've noticed that the rear tire steps out a little. The rain quality is great.

So no one tried the Bridgestone T30 tyres yet then?
I watched a few video clips on YouTube with Ron hazlam and rossie going round the track on Bridgestone T30's and they seemed impressed for the grip on a sport touring tyre. I just was wondering if anyone out there had used tem too.
Everyone likes the PR4 by the looks of it, I just don't like the over grooved look.
Come on who uses the T30's ?

To be honest, I never look at the grooves on my tire while riding.

Ha ha I don't either as it goes but I do look when it's parked up on the side stand...
To me there just looks like too manny grooves, the T30 apparently is very good too and it looks nice. Not only that one reply says when the PR4 when pushed hard it can slip or slide. I do push it but now I use the bike for work too I need a very good all rounder. I think I'm liking the T30 more at the moment.

When I said 1% of the time I get aggressive means that any tire would slip. It's at peg scrapping lean angle at 60+mph on untreated road. And then it may be more of the jerk on the throttle than the tire.:sport12:

Looking at both tires, I do agree about the looks of the PR3 and 4. I don't like em. I actually run PR2s on my bike (I have had 3s but not 4s). The 3s cupped (wore irregular) due to the sipes. The T30 is a lot less expensive and BRIDGSTONE IS GIVING $40 REBATE until Sept 30th. I think I may run them next. I am a huge Michelin fan though.

Just curious, everyone hear likes the PR4s yet you still want the T30s. Why did you even ask?

I ask because I've not seen any reports on here about the T30. I like Bridgestone always have, but if the PR4 is better then I just may switch brand I'm on Michelins right now but when I push it I can feel the rear skip out a little. Even though it's been controllable I've always thought if I had Bridgestone on it wouldn't happen.

Here's mcn with an interview from Ron Haslem
He uses the Bridgestone T30's on his bikes the he uses for the track day school. On the track
Video: Ron Haslam talks Bridgestone T30s - General News | Motorcycle News | Bike News | Motorbike Videos | MCN

Another vid https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W13WXGsNQOE&autoplay=1
Thoughts?

Uhhh, that is what is called a paid endorsement. I am sure that Ron would hail the merits of a Michelin, Dunlop, etc. if they were supplying him tires for hi school. What I want to know is the longevity of the T-30. The PR2s and 3s gave me about 12k miles on the front and 8-9 on the rear. The price point on the T-30 is great though especially with the rebate. I think Bridgestone is good just not as good as Michelin.

I have had PR2's (8,000 miles), PR3's (10,000 miles) and PR4's (5,000 miles). I have also ran Power 3's and S20's

As of right now the PR4's are the best balance of long life and fun in the twisty. I hated the PR2's as they had the hardest front tire and I felt the least comfortable on them. The PR3's definitely improved with the soft part of the rubber at grater lean and a much better transition from the hard part to the soft part at the edge. The back end was common to step out on hard acceleration coming out of a corner (my fault most likely). The PR4 is wonderful at the front and doesn't feel like it wants to wash out like the PR2. It is almost as sticky at lean as he Power 3 and S20 while being better suited for all the commuting I do.

If you get the T30 I look forward to the review. My PR4's are squaring off and I may go for a new set in the winter.

I had the Pilot Road 3 on my 919 and they were by far and away the best wet and cold weather tire I've ever used. My VFR had BT-023 which were also a great tire but not as good in the wet. They did wear like iron though! I have a set of T30s waiting for me at home and will put them on later and post a review. If you are looking for info on the tires I mentioned, I have posted reviews here on the forum with mileages and all.

IMG_0949.jpgAfter researching all the brands you mention I went with the Bridgestone T30. There superb all rounders, Ive done about 1500 miles and seem to be holding up. They are especially good in the dry with extra grip at high lean angles. Previously I had standard fit Dunlops. I got 6000 miles out of em. Could have got more. However no regrets with the T30. The Ron Haslam Bridgestone T30 Review - Donnington Park - YouTube Check out this clip if you need convincing.

I had the Pilot Road 3 on my 919 and they were by far and away the best wet and cold weather tire I've ever used. My VFR had BT-023 which were also a great tire but not as good in the wet. They did wear like iron though! I have a set of T30s waiting for me at home and will put them on later and post a review. If you are looking for info on the tires I mentioned, I have posted reviews here on the forum with mileages and all.

Hi there fella. So I've decided to buy the T30's they arrive at the fitting bay tomorrow. I have always liked Bridgestone tyres especially the 016. This is going to be my first ever sport touring tyres on a bike so I will report back when I've scrubbed them in and given them a good thrash
Also it would be great to see what you think of yours. Also anyone else that try's them out please report your findings.
Thanks guys...

Back