Typical!

Stuuk1

Hi all,
Tomorrow I'm off to get my bike dyno'd (2006 fz1) and a custom map made for my PCIII.

Started the bike tonight and the 'engine trouble light' is on! Turned bike off an on and still on. Took a 60 mile ride (no other transport available) and the light didn't go off.

Any ideas? Didn't notice anything different. Is there a way to bring up a fault code on the display?

It was very recently serviced and at then moment putting it down to a loose plug for a sensor or something... Praying anyway!

Cheers guys / girls!!

Try resetting the ECU. Do this by disconnecting the battery overnight then attach the battery in the AM. The bike will start and recalibrate.

20 is the air pressure sensor. Have you been under the seat and/or tank recently? May have knocked something loose? Did you open the airbox? If so, did you plug in the sensor on top of the box when you assembled?

Does your bike have Ivan's FCE? This is a common problem with bikes that have installed the FCE based on a Google search for error code 20 on an FZ1.

How long does the ecu need to be without power for a reset? Disconnecting isn't an option as I'm away from home tonight and it's goin in the garage first thing...

It has the FCE, yes but which Ivan's I'm not sure as it wasn't done by myself... I'll perhaps just have to pay the garage extra to hopefully sort it before the dyno. Or are they likely to turn me away?

How long does the ecu need to be without power for a reset? Disconnecting isn't an option as I'm away from home tonight and it's goin in the garage first thing...

It has the FCE, yes but which Ivan's I'm not sure as it wasn't done by myself... I'll perhaps just have to pay the garage extra to hopefully sort it before the dyno. Or are they likely to turn me away?

I think one hour is sufficient to reset it but I've always done it over night.

Ivan is the only game in town for the FCE so that is what you have. I do not know if they will turn you away but I'm sure they will, at the very least, tell you that your dyno run will be skewed with an error code and they won't guarantee the end results. They may be able to tell you what is wrong too.

Back