Tri Oval Repair Questions.

Prongomatic

Hello
A month ago I was rear ended. Luckly I was only my exhaust that suffered the worst. Last week I received my new exhaust. I figured I would dismantle the old one, order a new Carbon sleeve from Yosh and keep it for a spare or sell it on EBay. It was good experience poping out the old rivets I case I ever need to repack my exhaust.
Upon disassembly I noticed the internal baffle was slightly crushed from the accident. The carbon is toast. But everything else is fine.
Any ideas on how to straighten the baffle out? I could always make a shorty pipe but for now ill keep it standard.
Thanks.

Hello
A month ago I was rear ended. Luckly I was only my exhaust that suffered the worst. Last week I received my new exhaust. I figured I would dismantle the old one, order a new Carbon sleeve from Yosh and keep it for a spare or sell it on EBay. It was good experience poping out the old rivets I case I ever need to repack my exhaust.
Upon disassembly I noticed the internal baffle was slightly crushed from the accident. The carbon is toast. But everything else is fine.
Any ideas on how to straighten the baffle out? I could always make a shorty pipe but for now ill keep it standard.
Thanks.

I would get a wood dowel thats just a fraction smaller in diameter than the baffle. Insert it through the baffle and then use a rubber mallet to hammer it back into shape. It shouldn't be that hard to get the original shape back, or at least close to the original. I'd like to see it when your finished.

Back