Touring Tires

For that kind of trip... I'd mount some Pirelli Angels and roll on... I think they'd handle the round trip with no problem... just from the reviews... I don't personally have experience with the Angels... but... I'd do it...

If I had to go with tires I've had personal experience with... for this kind of trip, I'd toss on Pilot Roads.

Gohot229 since your front tire is basically new why don't you just keep it on there and throw on a Michelin Pilot Road (not the 2CT) on the rear. Should get you there and back with plenty of mileage left.

You can always try the Pirelli's that va_rider suggested and let us know how they hold up for touring duty.

Anyone tried Shinkos?? They are the same price ish as the Battle Axes. I used them on my old sport bike and get alot of mileage, roughly 5K, from them, still on the sport bike as we speak. My friend has put an additional 2k miles on the tires since he got them

Anyone tried Shinkos?? They are the same price ish as the Battle Axes. I used them on my old sport bike and get alot of mileage, roughly 5K, from them, still on the sport bike as we speak. My friend has put an additional 2k miles on the tires since he got them

Close friend of mine got 12k out of the shinko ravens 009. We replaced them when they hit the wear indicators.

I have a review thread up here on the 009s and there's lots of discussion and what not

Back