Too fast idling

Hi all, I need some help with my FZ1 2006. The problem is that after replacing the air filter, fuel tank and grips it idles too fast. At first I thought I installed the wrong throttle wires, but the throttle lever works fine (back to the start position). Next I checked the fuel tank cables connection, which were also all fine. Could it be the air filter?

Before I started this job, the engine usually revved between 1500 and 2000 rpm when starting, and from there it would settle around 1200 rpm. Now, however, it is the same when starting, but as the engine warms up, it goes up to between 2000 and 3000 rpm (without throttle operation, of course). While driving, it also advances on its own without throttle operation. It stays also between 2000 and 3000 rpm when stopped. If anyone has had the same symptoms or can imagine the cause, please let me know. Also, if anyone knows of a solution, it would be helpful to know that as well.

Last edited:
Hi Shin , have you maybe knocked a vacuum pipe off . It might be getting too much air from the wrong source . All elektrickery connections connected? . Lastly butterfly’s not returning , cable routing ? . It sounds like it’s grabbing air . Hope it gives you some suggestions to look at if you haven’t covered them . Cheers , O.D .

Hello Deek. Thanks for your suggestions. The elejtrikery connections are all fine, where I touched for the modification. Where is the vacuum pipe, and the place for the knocking off? I haven't touched the air induction system. I'm checking now thermo wax unit, as some people got same disaster through the unit. I have changed the air filter at this time and some months ago I changed also plugs. The setting of thermo wax may not be suitable for that change.
Thanks a lot.
Shin

No probs , the vacuum pipes are for balancing the throttle bodies . Just got this bike and manual , tell me how you get on with the THERMO WAX , never tinkered with one of these . Good hunting .

I contacted the throttle body and could finally remove the Unit of Thermowax. I checked the condition of them. the deck was not compleately clean. I could check a thin black black stain. Wax could be leaked?? The pin stuck in the wax was dirty but i could pull out easily. I dipped them in the pool of WD40. But I should not have used for the Container for wax....Well. I did already. The spring and case for the pin does not seem problematic. At last I checked pluger on the bottom of the unitcase, which is pushed out by wax. the pluger was sticked really hard, I guess, that is why the idle was so high, as the pluger cannot move and cannot change the point for closing. I sprayed on the pluger WD40 and let a night. next day I tried to move him with pliers. but I couldn't. then i hitted the other side with a hammer. of course not too strong. then I could pull out the pluger and throwed in the WD40 pool. After I removed the stickiness, I inserted in the hole with silikon-grease.
I installed them again and tested. but the situation was not changed. does someone has any idea??

Back