Titanium mivv slip on with black widow headers?

As of currently no one else sells headers or full systems ( that I know of) for the gen 1, but I'm hoping this combination will get me started with my mods on my new to me 01 fz1. Anyone have any input? The exup system is malfunctioning and I'd like to get rid of it to rid myself of future hassles as well. Next will be k&n air pod and ivans jet kit to fix the lean issue I'm bound to have after installing this mod. Is there anything I'm not taking into consideration?

Black widow headers will flow maybe a bit better but they are really just to remove the exup valve not increase performance. My opinion from the shape of the headers compared to the other old manufacturers of Gen 1 headers. Pods can be a challenge to tune for and do not add any hp really just makes carb work easier and maybe some weight savings . While you doing Ivan’s jet kit, make sure to port the intake boots. If you retain the stock airbox, do the airbox mod and get a K&N or Sprint air filter.

Personally, I don’t think the black widows headers are worth it. The best case scenario is to fix your exup properly since it does add power in low to mid range. If you simply remove it, you will have the same high end power but not as much low or mid range power. Otherwise you can wait a while to find a set of Muzzy, Holeshot, TiForce, Yoshi or other Aftermarket headers used but that could be years lol

Personally, I don’t think the black widows headers are worth it. The best case scenario is to fix your exup properly since it does add power in low to mid range. If you simply remove it, you will have the same high end power but not as much low or mid range power. Otherwise you can wait a while to find a set of Muzzy, Holeshot, TiForce, Yoshi or other Aftermarket headers used but that could be years lol
I don't think I can wait. I really hate this exup system and there are some dyno tests showing that it doesn't really affect what yamaha is saying it affects. and even if I lose a few ft lbs of torque it's worth it in my mind, although I doubt it. Then again, I am what some would call a tinfoil hat-whacko conspiracy theorist.

;)

Back