tire wear

Anyone no if abnormal wear on the center of the rear tire could be from to high psi, I am very conscious about rear braking and I dont do burn outs, any info would be appreciated. Thanx

If you do a lot of straight up riding, commuting, touring,etc, the tire just wears out in the center faster. I do a lot of that so I wear a stripe in the middle. I went with a roadsmart tire because of that, more reenforced in the center.

If you can get a pic or two someone might be able to help.

As a general rule, if your pressures are higher, you'll roll easier, with less wear.

How about alignment?

Here's some pics from my pr2's @9100 miles. I tend to ride moderately aggressively, but I don't WOT out of corners, or do burn outs or endo's.

fz-1 tires

The folks on the other forum suggested I need to learn to twist the throttle more :)

Here's some pics from my pr2's @9100 miles. I tend to ride moderately aggressively, but I don't WOT out of corners, or do burn outs or endo's.

fz-1 tires

The folks on the other forum suggested I need to learn to twist the throttle more :)

Looks ok to me. Question= have you done 9100mls on this tyre?. If it has i would say you have had your money's worth!!!.

Sorry I wasn't clear above (long day).

To rephrase, yes, these tires have 9100 miles on them. I will put on another 500 tomorrow, and possibly squeeze in one more 500+ mi day before swapping them out with an identical set (albeit, 190/55 rather 50 profile).

Handling has not gone to complete shit, but it's degraded from what what it was when they were newer.

These tires have had a large mix of riding, including interstate, curvy backroads, curvy mountain roads, high heat (ambient daily temps of mid 90's), etc. Much of this riding was in the east/SE. If I had done similar distance here in the IL area, the middle would most likely be shot by now.

Back