Things I Learned in my Garage Tonight...

Changing the spark plugs on my R6 provided a few good lessons tonight:

1) To change the plugs on an R6 you need a double jointed octopus

2) Safety wire isn't. It will cut the $h^t out of you.

3) A cosmetic pad and electrical tape makes a good field expedient band-aid.

4) A plug socket and a spocket extension will not fit into the number four spark plug hole of an '05 R6 at the same time. The socket must go first followed by the extension then the rachet handle...

5) Number four above cannot come out of said hole all at once but in parts, thus leaving the socket in the hole. Ugh...

6) Number five is rectified by using a "wad" of raw earth magnets that my 10 year old salvaged out of something, to pluck the socket out of the hole with extention.

7) Blood is very slippery and sticky at the same time, and tends to get on everything you don't want it to.

8) Most women, 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999% don't understand why most men like to tinker in the garage while drinking and listening to music.

Ever install a suspension lift into a Jeep? Yeah, its a lot worse. Oh yeah, thats called an engine swap into a Jeep. Oh wait, better yet, long tube headers into my Fox was NO fun either..

The list never ends... The blood I have lost could have kept me alive for weeks. LOL

hm wonder how much blood would prevent spark plugs from firing...

Changing the spark plugs on my R6 provided a few good lessons tonight:

1) To change the plugs on an R6 you need a double jointed octopus

2) Safety wire isn't. It will cut the $h^t out of you.

3) A cosmetic pad and electrical tape makes a good field expedient band-aid.

4) A plug socket and a spocket extension will not fit into the number four spark plug hole of an '05 R6 at the same time. The socket must go first followed by the extension then the rachet handle...

5) Number four above cannot come out of said hole all at once but in parts, thus leaving the socket in the hole. Ugh...

6) Number five is rectified by using a "wad" of raw earth magnets that my 10 year old salvaged out of something, to pluck the socket out of the hole with extention.

7) Blood is very slippery and sticky at the same time, and tends to get on everything you don't want it to.

8) Most women, 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999% don't understand why most men like to tinker in the garage while drinking and listening to music.

Ever install a suspension lift into a Jeep? Yeah, its a lot worse. Oh yeah, thats called an engine swap into a Jeep. Oh wait, better yet, long tube headers into my Fox was NO fun either..

The list never ends... The blood I have lost could have kept me alive for weeks. LOL

Yes, I've installed a suspension lift on a Jeep TJ...I said words I didn't even know that I knew!

But it sure was purdy when it was done... :cheers:

Great post Pete! I have a quick tip for next time. I use a 1/4" I.D. piece of hose for plugs like that. I just crack the plug loose and then remove the ratchet, extension, and socket. Then just push the hose down on top of the plug and undo it the rest of the way. When you pull it out the hose bends nicely with the plug staying put at the end. It works great on Nissan motors and should work on bikes too.

Yes, I've installed a suspension lift on a Jeep TJ...I said words I didn't even know that I knew!

But it sure was purdy when it was done... :cheers:

LOL yup! I have done 3 now with my Cheokees, and let me tell you. I made things up that sounded good at the time but if the neighbors heard me... lol

Good one Pete! I look at it this way... if you have a blood-offering to the Bike God, the job will work out perfectly and the bike will run like a champ. No blood on a task? Something will go wrong! BTW, the same goes with building a new gaming rig PC... no blood, no boot!

Back