The Sprocket thread

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
Wanted to start a thread for us to post links and pricing for sprockets for the FZ1. Since the '01 - '10 bikes all use the same driven gear it makes this a universal thread, eh?

Please post if you've swapped out sprockets, what brand you bought, where you bought it and the price paid.

Also, please briefly discuss the good and the bad for each. Were their any fitment issues? Has the sprocket(s) performed as expected?

I'd like to start doing this with other mods as well. We can sticky them or create a sticky with link-backs to each thread. Please keep these informative and on-topic.

Thanks!! :Rockon:

Running 15/47 520 pitch. Front is steel and the rear is a Vortex, aluminum.

approximately 3500 miles adjusted at 43 mm of slack and maintained every 3-450 miles.

Cleaned with kerosene and the wax lube escaped me at the momment (high quality though)

This is the first sprocket set that I've had so I do not really have anything to base of the life and longevity, but soo far, everything appears to be functioning within specs.

purchased the kit from Ebay...

looked at FZ1 520 Conversion Sprocket & Gold Chain kit FZ 1 1000 : eBay Motors (item 230435561727 end time Feb-16-10 21:25:40 PST)

but purchased from...and got the black teflon coated.
Yamaha 01-05 FZ1 FAZER 520 CONVERSION CHAIN SPROCKET : eBay Motors (item 220551485969 end time Feb-14-10 10:10:08 PST)

good customer service, and able to talk to a live person when placing order....

Last edited:
hehehehehehe..... Adam... go ahead and order up another one... I've been down that road... and when I say another one... I mean a different one. I wouldn't waste your time bolting this one onto the bike.

That EXACT road... with the same seller and everything...

You know how I am with my chains and my chain maintenance and care.....

This is 6,000 miles.

IMG_0582.JPG

IMG_0583.JPG

Currently running SuperSprox 45T rear. Holding up just fine, but I only got about 2k miles on it.

As for front sprocket I still have the stock 17T, but I think I will be changing that to a 16T come Spring. My gas mileage and range already suck so how much worse can it get :D

For the Gen II folks I recommend the stock Gen I or FZ6 sprocket since they are both 16T. Keeps chain noise to a minimum since it has the rubber coating on the sides like the stock 17T.

It seems that we are polar opposites. But I'll say that most of my riding, as of late, has been in the city and fairly easy going.

But when I get to the point of replacement, I'll go back to stealthsprox. Originally came with bike, but sold to a board member when I should of kept it, but it was also a 46 tooth.

Thinking of changing my chain and sprockets, seems the 16t front sprocket off a gen 1 or fz6 and a supersprox rear is the way to go. My question is this? the standard sprockets are 17t and 45t? and if I go with the 16t front should I then get a 46t rear?
All advice is appreciated

Tommy

Krouse makes a TI sprocket claimed to be harder than stainless steel by three times. The prices are around $180-90 for the rear, with a lifetime guarranteeThe alternative a 'SuperSprox' sprocket. at around $89

Last edited:
Back