The 'Far East' of Canada

GraniteGray

Just a few photos from way out here in the 'Far East', from my Easter weekend spent riding...

April2nd2010016.jpg

April2nd201006.jpg

April2nd2010012.jpg

April2nd201007.jpg

April2nd2010015.jpg

April3rd201006.jpg

April3rd201007.jpg

Last edited:
dad had a 73 or 74 honda 400 four. Said it was fast but didn't like how it handled. Pretty much true with all the old bikes, I guess.

The one above is a '75 550 Four.

The 400 and the 550 sure had some damn nice lookin' headpipes, didn't they?

April2nd2010015.jpg

Yea, work of art. Honda used to build some really interesting motorcycles.

I also liked the head pipes on the old CBX 6 cylinder bikes. There was just something about seeing those 6 pipes coming out of the engine that made you say :wow:

Last edited:
I also liked the head pipes on the old CBX 6 cylinder bikes. There was just something about seeing those 6 pipes coming out of the engine that made you say WOW.

Yep...

One of my buddies had an '82 CBX. A silver one. I'll never forget my first ride on that bike, back in the early eighties. Unfortunately they were seriously underbraked and rubber-framed, for that beast of an engine.

Yep...

One of my buddies had an '82 CBX. A silver one. I'll never forget my first ride on that bike, back in the early eighties. Unfortunately they were seriously underbraked and rubber-framed, for that beast of an engine.

Well yea, but so were most of the bikes of that era. There have been huge advances in tire, braking and frame stiffness since then. I mean those old bikes made plenty of power (for the times), but given everything else they were scary. In contrast today's liter bikes put out well over 150 RWHP and are so much safer and easier to ride...

Oh my god, I had a 76 550 four back in 1981 when i got my license, almost exactly the same, except i had crash bars on front, and a king-queen seat with sissy bar. I'll never forget it, metal flake orange paint and all...LOL

Metallic Orange

That is one of my favorite car, or bike colours. Hot Rod Orange. It is a beautiful machine, was then and still is. Those bikes were just so easy to ride and so comfortable. I agree that the header was a work of art to.

Last edited:
I like the header, but hated the can. (Just pulled up a net photo of the 400.) Also, that 400f was quick. I know he surprised a few Harley riders wth that little bike.

Very nice pics! Locations? Thanks for sharing!!!

Wife and I are still undecided on our trip up the eastern seaboard this summer. I'll have to map a route and see if it will work out for us. :D

Oh my god, I had a 76 550 four back in 1981 when i got my license, almost exactly the same, except i had crash bars on front, and a king-queen seat with sissy bar. I'll never forget it, metal flake orange paint and all...LOL

I just recently sold this beauty. It's a '78 CB750K...

HondaTimeMachine07.jpg

EyeCandy01.jpg

I also had a '75 550 Four. It was a fun bike to throw around. The only thing I hated was the centerstand; it had an aftermarket 4 into 1 pipe that left no ground clearance when you were flipping to the right. There were a few times I'd be playing around in a parking lot and throw it right, only to have the back tire lift off the ground when the centerstand dug in.

Those bikes have a loyal fanbase, that's for sure. I lost count of the times when I'd come out and find a note attached - "Any chance you want to sell? Please call 555-XXXX!"

Back