text to speech

That was pretty cool. Too bad they don't have a free version just for playing around. It's amazing how no matter what you write, it is able to say it verbally. I even used punctuation such as exclamation points and you hear the difference in how they say it. Very nice.

are you running some sort of Windows machine? Microsoft Voice come pre-installed on pretty much all Windows machine from Win 98 - Win Vista.... it does pretty much the same thing.. except only in English. ... but it was designed to read for sight impaired people... I've used it to read webpages for me..

it'll be in your control panel.... i think in XP, it was called Microsoft Voice... or Speech... or something like that.... in Vista, it's also in the control panel.... but now, it's called "text to speech" ... funny... just like the thread.... and apparently, now it goes both ways... either it'll read to you... or, using your microphone, you can talk to it, and it'll type for you... I haven't played around with that.... I might have to play with it later on!

Thanks VA, I'll have to go home and check it out. I've been fixing computers as a side thing for about 14 years and I have never noticed that before. I must be blind or something. Anyway, thanks again. Billy.

I did go and check out that Windows speech program but it's not the same thing. I can get it to narrate things that I am doing but I can't get it to actually read any text back. It only says the letter that you are typing at that time. Maybe I am doing something wrong or its not meant to read back text. I'll keep trying.

Back