Tank Protector

Trying to do something different to protect that beautiful tank on my 09 FZ. Always did a half-bra before on the TL and SV. Had the Honda rubber pads on my ST. Want something stick-on. Read the post about vinyl graphics, thought about doing a belt protector and knee protectors that way. Don't want magnetic, afraid of taking out my credit cards. Need input........Bill

Check out Immortal Graphix Motorcycle Tank Pads and Motorcycle Graphics. They carry some nice pre-done protectors and they also have what they call protective film. It's a clear film, and I mean clear and super flexible. They didn't have a pre-cut piece for the FZ1 but I was able to buy a 24"X24" piece for $26. I'll just cut it myself and lay it down. I wasn't too crazy about some of the products offered elsewhere. I looked at magnetic and slip-over etc. Some of those protectors can do as much harm as help if they are left on a long time.

Thanks!

Found what I was looking for. 3M Scotchcal, got it in 8 mil. Bought a foot wide by five foot long for $45 delivered. Figure I got tank guards forever!. Webbike world has articles about it, where to get it, and how to install it. Also, found a Yamaha comfort-seat, with gel, for under $200. Sounds like a great deal over my second choice, a Sargent for $300. My new FZ is coming together. Again, thanks for your input.........Bill

Hey, me again. Got my 3M film. Worked out in the end, looks great! A word of warning, some films come with protective film over, some don't. I ruined my first attempt figuring witch I had. The film is a bear to get seperat, but pretty straight forward after that. Is almost invisible......Bill

Hey, me again. Got my 3M film. Worked out in the end, looks great! A word of warning, some films come with protective film over, some don't. I ruined my first attempt figuring witch I had. The film is a bear to get seperat, but pretty straight forward after that. Is almost invisible......Bill

Post us some pics if you can. Curious to see the outcome.

Tank Slapper

Tank Slapper TheTankSlapper.biz - The Product works by treating clear film with product to enhance static cling. Stuff is very secure, but easily removable for reapplication. The kit for top of tank-to protect against mag tank bag wear plus the standard belt buckle area- is about $20 w/shipping.:smoking:

Back