Tank brace

I wanted to change my air filter element this weekend, and found an inexpensive way of making a brace to hold the tank up. I used a piece of 50mm PVC pipe, 50cm long.

Thanks. That looks just about perfect. Do you think a bit longer would work or would that be too long? I need to change my air filter this spring, so I'll be picking one of those up. :cheers:

You could probably use longer and a 40mm diameter would work too, its just that I had an offcut of 50mil pipe. Its very stable, and not in the way of any of the airbox screws. I didn't even have to use a short screwdriver, as there was enough room under the tank. Also no risk of scratching the tank or tripple clamp as it is PVC.

I take the tank off to change air filter, otherwise I find it very tight to work. It is not much more effort to remove it completely and if you do it you can sync the throttle bodies in the same effort.

I just used a piece of timber [approx 1-1/4" x 2-1/2"] under the tank placed cross aways, towards the back,changed filter the no problem

I've done something like this with my FZ6, I haven't opened up the FZ1 yet. I need to before riding season starts up again.

I use my dead blow hammer as a prop stick and use a bungee hooked to a rear grab handle and tank in case I bump the hammer handle while working.

Back