Sydneysiders beware

banzai

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=771024079599309&id=152038041497919

FOR RIDERS' INFORMATION:
The Central Coast Cluster of Traffic & HWP Command will be commencing a motorcycle route enforcement operation this weekend (Nov15-16) . Initially the operation will be small scale, however, depending on observed rider behaviours, the level of enforcement may have to escalate.
Here's the Police message:
As a result of a number of serious injury crashes on motorcycle routes over the past twelve months, the Central Coast Traffic and Highway Patrol Cluster are commencing an operation with a focus on the Old Pacific Highway between the Hawkesbury River and Somersby. The Operation will predominantly be high visibility with a component involving the use of covert police vehicles. Any vehicle could be a police vehicle.
Speeding and dividing line offences are being specifically targeted as these represent dangerous driver/rider behaviours. Helmet offences are also being addressed, which also includes ensuring helmets comply with Australian Design Rule 1698. If helmets have been modified in any way (including the fitting of cameras), riders may be reported for these safety offences.
This Operation though being focused on motorcycle routes, is not specifically targeting motorcyclists. We will be addressing dangerous driving behaviours by all road users, as the actions of some drivers compromise the safety of motorcyclists.
Regards
Tony GRACE
Senior Sergeant
Cluster Senior Supervisor
Central Coast Highway Patrol
NSW Police Force

If helmets have been modified in any way (including the fitting of cameras), riders may be reported for these safety offences.

What kind of Communist crap is that?

If helmets have been modified in any way (including the fitting of cameras), riders may be reported for these safety offences.

What kind of Communist crap is that?

The mounting of Cameras can affect how the helmet performs in a crash. They think the reason Michael Schumacher's helmet didn't work properly was because he had a camera fitted to it.

I agree with Dicko, I don't want a hard object stuck on my helmet in the event of a crash. There's plenty of places on a bike to mount them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back