Suspension setup table

sekula

I'm planning to setup suspension on my Gen1 Fazer these days, so I've prepared a table in order to track measurements and behavior of the bike.

So, I thought someone else may be needing it too, so I've attached a sample of it for everyone might need it.

suspension settings

Thanks,

Just got a new to me 2005 FZ1. I'm going to set the suspension to stock settings and go from there.

What is the rear sag supposed to be set at. (I havent got a repair manual yet). My old bike's sag was 1.25".

I'm on 38 mm (1,5") right now which is more touring biased and playing with other setup. It just might happened that I'll have to harden SAG a bit more.
Trouble is that in Serbia lot of roads are bumpy, so if I tune it too hard I got an unwanted kicks in turn (bumps are "trying" to straighten bike).
I'll have to find some trade off. Will see.

P.S. General rule is 1/3 of suspension move. FZS have 140 mm (5,5") of suspension movement so it would be 46 mm, but I believe its a bit too much for this bike.

2006 fzs1000 gen 2 rear suspension settings

Hi all.um new here.ive just become a proud owner of the above bike.its the first bike ive had that the suspension bottoms out 2up and pogos like mad.my rear suspension has only preload and rebound no compression.i weigh 13 stone what should my sag be when im sat on it.so ive a starting point
Thanks
Rich

Back