***Sunday Ride To Bear Mountain***

Just in case anyone is interested, I'll be heading up to the mountain tomorrow about 10:30am to 11:30am. I haven't had a ride since Deals Gap and thats way too long! I'll be sporting my new lowers and new Yoshimura
RS-3. If your up there and see me, feel free to wave the hand and say hello.

would love to go because the riding season is coming to an end but the wife is still away and im watching the kids. hopefully in the spring we can get together for a ride.

Wish I could since the weather is going to be great. Might be the last really nice Sunday of the season, but I'm on call for work so can't ride :(

Sorry Tony, you missed a great ride today. I just got home from the mountain. It was PACKED up there today. I've never seen that much traffic in all my years going up there. I think everyone chose this weekend to go and take their foiliage pictures. Forget about Perkin's, it was shut down completely to any and all traffic. I chose to do Seven Lakes Drive to Route 106 to 17 South, back to Seven Lakes Drive. Coming back I stayed on the Palisades to the bridge. Big Mistake! A 2 mile back-up from the bridge because the circle there was overwhelmed with traffic. I sat for a while until a guy on a ST1300 came through and signaled me to follow him down the center. Normally I wouldn't but not today. I rode the center to the 1/2 mile to go sign and then snuck in before we were in view of the cops at the circle. Otherwise it would have been an easy hour or more to get to the bridge.

The bike with the new pipe is a pleasure to ride. It's so quiet now it almost sounds stock. My gas mileage also improved as well. I filled up at the mountain and rode 127 miles when I arrived home and I had between 3/4's and a 1/2 tank left. Thats the most I've ever had.

I shot some pics every now and then while up there today. The colors are beautiful this time of year. I wish I had a better camera.

After filling up at the Annsville Circle.
IMG_0157.jpg

Along the Seven Lakes Drive
IMG_0161.jpg

Some nice colors to be seen by one of the lakes.
IMG_0158.jpg

One the way back I took a little rest before heading to the bridge.
IMG_0162.jpg

Lakeside shot.
IMG_0164.jpg

Ready to head back home.
IMG_0166-1.jpg

I had a nice relaxing time today. I hope we get another couple of good weekends.

Yea, it was a great day to ride, but as you know I couldn't. However, I did make the most of it. Finished removing all the broken parts off the FZ1 and installed the bigger pilot jets on the YZF1000 (running much better now) so I can't complain too much. Even took the YZF for a short spin :D

Well I'm glad to hear that the YZF is all together again and ready to roll. If by chance you have Harry's phone number, maybe you can PM it to me. He called me yesterday but the screen on my home phone went south and I couldn't see the number to call him back. I'd appreciate it if you have it to pass it along to me so I can call him back. Thanks.

Sorry Spydar, maybe we'll get lucky and not have to wait until next Spring. You never know with the crazy weather the past couple of years. We may still see some 70's before the years out. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Jeez Billy. She is looking GREAT with the new lowers and the Yosh! Looks all new with it shined up like that. :tup: Wish I could have been there with you!

Yes, and you have to earn that Dragon. They claim it is bad luck to put it on before your ride it. You can buy it, but put it on at the overlook. :D

I have to go back and earn one on the FZ1 now. I had it on the FZ6....

Yes, and you have to earn that Dragon. They claim it is bad luck to put it on before your ride it. You can buy it, but put it on at the overlook. :D

I have to go back and earn one on the FZ1 now. I had it on the FZ6....

Hey you missed your chance this year :poke:j/k I know you would have been there if it hadn't been for Michelle's surgery.

Back