Sub Throttle plates

More power = More fuel. My milage has dropped I think I am averaging 32 MPG but I have not really done any highway lately.

Your engine could be running "rich" which could foul the plugs, cause sluggishness and promote carbon buildup in the combustion chambers.

the mpg doesn't really change much between highway and in city riding on motorcycles

Your engine could be running "rich" which could foul the plugs, cause sluggishness and promote carbon buildup in the combustion chambers.

the mpg doesn't really change much between highway and in city riding on motorcycles
Currently my A/F is between 13.1 and 13.5 just a hair lean but boy does she run.

I have not gutted the cat but I do have the 16T on the front. I'm getting about 32 mpg AFTER installing the SpeedoDRD to correct the ODO. Key to actual MPG is correction of the ODO so you know the true distance traveled. The stock Yamaha FZ1 Gen II is about 6.9% off in favor of you, not the LEO's. :D

got mine Monday and have the old ones out, just waiting for a couple replacement screws in the mail( broke off my screwdriver tip in one of them and another was just a pain) and I'll have it all back together and can report on the change. Also possibility of getting a couple dyno pulls in this weekend at a local event, will keep this updated.

Sorry for the delay. Trying to get them installed today and send mine out tomorrow.

Can I use blue threadlocker? CD's video shows him using red...

Sorry for the delay. Trying to get them installed today and send mine out tomorrow.

Can I use blue threadlocker? CD's video shows him using red...

Blue is fine and it's what I put on mine when I replaced them in '09...if you use the red you'll never get them off again.

That's what I was thinking. If using a soldering iron as heat source, I just set the tip on the head of the screw until it softens the locker, right? Small iron I have, how long would it take to soften?

That's what I was thinking. If using a soldering iron as heat source, I just set the tip on the head of the screw until it softens the locker, right? Small iron I have, how long would it take to soften?

Well to be honest I didn't use the soldering iron trick to loosen mine so I'm not really sure how long it would take. Figure a minute or two for it to be effective. The method I used was to use the correct sized screwdriver and tap on it lightly a few times once on the head of the screw before attempting to remove them. Worked like a charm on all eight of them...your results may vary ;)

Haha, no sh!t. I have a skil brand screwdriver set and it includes a #0 bit. Haven't used any of them yet, so I think it should be a safe tool to use.

Don't be afraid of getting them really hot. That red thread locker needs lots of heat. When I took off the heel guard plates to paint them they were red lock tighted and they required lots of heat.

Next up is amevl and then Roadburner09 but I'm still waiting for the others to return a set.

Quick reminder for you three who received the recent sets in the mail? Please send a set back, be they the modded (didn't like 'em) or the stock flies as we have others waiting for them ok? Thanks guys!!

Last edited:
hold off on mine Eric and go next in line since my cat is knocked out I might wait till I get a PC3.I guess the general consensus is I will be running lean

hold off on mine Eric and go next in line since my cat is knocked out I might wait till I get a PC3.I guess the general consensus is I will be running lean

Will do! I hope to make the three sets and just have them ready to send when the requests come in. I still have to replace my wife's set too. :D

Ok, that sucked. I couldn't get the old flies out. I'll just send back the undersized ones.

Should I send them to the next person in line or back to you, NH?

Thanks for letting me in on this!

Back