Sub throttle flies modded or run without them?

Delta

Hi fellas just a quick one. How many of you have removed the sub throttle flies and how many have modded flies?
I am at the moment been running with copperdawgs modded flies. My tuner has tweeted my ECU to run without them to see how I like it. I'm yet to take them out as I'm waiting to fit my new regulater rectifier when it drops through my door. I will do all the jobs at the same time.
Any comments on sub throttle plates removed and what you noticed?

Cheers Delta

I haven't removed mine (I run Ivan's flash), but the guy who tunes my engine said if the bike is tuned right, you can run without them. I know a few guys who run without them & they seem happy with the result.

It all depends on how well your bike will be tuned. The flies are meant to optimize air velocity into the main body as you open the throttle. So most of the time you shouldn't notice them. However in stock form there is a noticeable lag when you crack the throttle open. I have trimmed plates and I noticed a difference from stock, but once I get a ecu tune from IVAN I will go back to stock. In my opinion not really worth the hassle especially with those tiny screws

What symptom/opinion are you after?

Ivan

Hi fella, I'm just wondering what the difference is with running without the sub throttle flies. At the moment I'm running with copperdawgs modded flies. My tuner told me I would like my ride more if I took them out completely. so I'm just asking what the difference would be, hence asking what those running without them think...

Cheers
Delta.

Hi fella, I'm just wondering what the difference is with running without the sub throttle flies. At the moment I'm running with copperdawgs modded flies. My tuner told me I would like my ride more if I took them out completely. so I'm just asking what the difference would be, hence asking what those running without them think...

Cheers
Delta.

That would depend on what has been done with the programming that has already been done.

If the programming is stock, then you will see some improvement (not a huge amount ) above 5000 rpm only at large, sudden throttle openings..... you may also notice a hiccup from not enough acceleration enrichment if you suddenly pin it. You cannot add air without adding fuel and not have any side effects.

Ivan

Back