stunt products

was on Yamaha Stunt Armor
and seen that cage for a 2002 fz1 has anyone ever ran this or does anyone know of a cage that i can run and some parts that i can run
they just sent me pics of how it would install but wont really do much other then protect the engine i was thinking about welding a bracket at a1 then welding a bar from a1 to a2 and have it stick out just enough so that when the bike does lay down it will just role on the bar then was thinking i could mount sliders on a3 what do you guys think about this in my head it will work just fine

Last edited:
I e-mailed the folks at 905 Stunt cages... asked them about ground clearance... their response : "Unless you're rocking it like Rossi, ground clearance shouldn't be a problem."

Sorry... that's not a good enough answer for me....

I have 2-1/2" frame sliders bolted to my frame up front... I've drug those .... I'm not taking chances with a cage...

However, if you're actually going to be more concerned about stunting the bike... I think it'd be a decent investment...

Occasionally, there's a 905 Stunt Cage on eBay... right now, I think there's a stunt cage and a race cage...

But... never seen one installed on a FZ.

i also

i also found some other cages but still cant find anyone that ran them on the fz1 not trying to stunt stunt the bike out just want to do some wheelies and stopies with out having to worry about busting the fairings and everything else

Maybe

was thinking with that set up i can really run fairings on the bike or can i
and right there where the silver bolt is can i run sliders

The frame slider could be incorporated without any trouble and you would want to put Bar end sliders on as well. As far as fairings, it would be unlikely that they would fit under the crash guards unless you put long spacers between the mounting points and the bar mounts. You might have to drill holes in the fairing dependant on the mounting points as well. If the squids can do it... !With a little enginuity you could make it work if you really wanted.

just what i was thinking

might buy a 905 cage and cut it up so that i can get the mounting brackets then just weld up my own cage
has anyone on here ever made a cage or know anyone who has
cus i welded up a full cage for my truck but that was easy
just still thinking about where to put the mountings was thinking to weld a extra mounting bracket on the frame right under the gas tank but not to sure yet
if anyone has done this please send me pics

If that's what YOU want, go for it. The company says they build on a per bike basis so I would think you could have them do exactly what you want. It doesn't look like there are a ot of stunters on this site, just speedy riders. The cage would have to be really big to protect much more than the engne side cases.

Does not protect the in the manner you are seeking, but the addition of some Axel sliders, rearsets that do not collaspse, frame sliders, and maybe mounting an alternate bracket for another set higher up would be fare more appealing to the eye than a big cage.

Just a thought......

sounds

that sound like it would look alot better not trying to turn the fz into a straight stunt bike just want to keep everything looking good cus i rains a lot here on guam

Back