Stubby Levers

Hi all,

I fancy a set of stubby levers.....

such as:

Welcome to M & P

One of my Bros has just fitted them to his CBR600RR and they look brilliant! He says they perform superbly as well.

But of course they don't do them for a Gen II. :thumbsdown:

Has anyone done this mod? Any advice / recommendations / alternatives would be welcomed!

Cheers!

Simon

Last edited by a moderator:
Pazzo's for me. The ASV's look cool but I think there is a problem when fitting to an ABS equiped bike....not insurmountable but needs a mod.

one thing that I considered when getting levers... the Pazzo levers have a built in "snap point" in case the bike falls over... the lever will break at a designated point... instead of snapping off the whole lever...

also, with a shorter clutch lever, the pull will be a bit different... I went for the Pazzo standard length levers and I'm glad I did... I rode a bike with the shorty levers... and it was kind of a PITA.

Also... ... know that the range of adjustment on the brake lever is great... but you can't adjust the clutch lever the same way... as it's a cable operated clutch, any adjustment made on the lever will change the amount of pull in the cable... so, if you adjust the lever in to the 1 or 2 position, the cable won't be moving enough and the transmission will get clunky.... You have to end up leaving the clutch lever at 5 or 6 so the clutch still functions properly....

If I was the one designing the levers... I think I would have used some sort of cam system so the amount of movement on the clutch cable would remain constant regardless of the pull distance on the lever... but... I'm not the one making them.

Last edited:
one thing that I considered when getting levers... the Pazzo levers have a built in \"snap point\" in case the bike falls over... the lever will break at a designated point... instead of snapping off the whole lever...

also, with a shorter clutch lever, the pull will be a bit different... I went for the Pazzo standard length levers and I'm glad I did... I rode a bike with the shorty levers... and it was kind of a PITA.

Also... ... know that the range of adjustment on the brake lever is great... but you can't adjust the clutch lever the same way... as it's a cable operated clutch, any adjustment made on the lever will change the amount of pull in the cable... so, if you adjust the lever in to the 1 or 2 position, the cable won't be moving enough and the transmission will get clunky.... You have to end up leaving the clutch lever at 5 or 6 so the clutch still functions properly....

If I was the one designing the levers... I think I would have used some sort of cam system so the amount of movement on the clutch cable would remain constant regardless of the pull distance on the lever... but... I'm not the one making them.

Speaking of clutch cables, when you lube your cable, where do you dismount it from, the handlebar or the engine side? Just curious. I would figure that you would want some downward flow which would mean the handlebar end but I want to be sure. I just picked up a cable lube block and want to get them lubed.

still have the receipt for the cable luber?

Here's my method... turn the adjuster on the clutch cable so the slit in the adjuster is facing up. Pull on the lever, and fill the hole in the adjuster with your favorite lube... then work the cable back and forth... repeat until the fluid runs out of the bottom... works like a champ, no special tools needed... no need to take the cable off.

still have the receipt for the cable luber?

Here's my method... turn the adjuster on the clutch cable so the slit in the adjuster is facing up. Pull on the lever, and fill the hole in the adjuster with your favorite lube... then work the cable back and forth... repeat until the fluid runs out of the bottom... works like a champ, no special tools needed... no need to take the cable off.

You know, I never thought of that! I was just downstairs looking at it and I see what you mean. Well, there goes $4.99 out the window.:D I picked it up at Cyclegear for half price so not a total loss. Thanks Aaron, your method sounds real feasable.

Not to hijack the thread, just real quick.....What lube do you prefer for the cable end of things?

Back