Stock bolts?

FPD1089

When I bought my bike, 2008 FZ1, it had a rear top case (Givi) and is on a removable rear bracket/plate/rack (SW-Motech). I have not really used these and want to remove the rack (temporarily). I plan on keeping these for long trips and it should only take a little time to put back on. Can anyone tell me what type/size the original/stock bolts are? :dontknow: The ones that were put on will be too long when the rack is removed... Here is a pic:

When I bought my bike, 2008 FZ1, it had a rear top case (Givi) and is on a removable rear bracket/plate/rack (SW-Motech). I have not really used these and want to remove the rack (temporarily). I plan on keeping these for long trips and it should only take a little time to put back on. Can anyone tell me what type/size the original/stock bolts are? :dontknow: The ones that were put on will be too long when the rack is removed... Here is a pic:

The pillion bracket bolts take a 6mm Allen head metric bolt. Length of thread 28mm. The lower one on the frame section is different and appears to be a security "do not remove me easily type". If you want the original look you may have to buy the stock Yamaha bolts. Cheers.

I don't think the extra length will be a problem. If I did not have the bolts, I would remove the rack on one side. Return the bolts to the holes and measure how much bolt protrudes past the nut. Then head to the hardware store and buy the correct length bolts. be careful when you remove the rack as it should have spacers to allow it to fit properly. I will never remove mine, unless I sell the bike.

Back