Steel Braided Brake Lines

Mario m

I'm looking to purchase steel braided brake lines for my gen1 FZ1.
I'm looking at the Speigler Kit and the Galfer Kit front and back.
I like that you can get custom colors from Speigler .
I'm sure there both really good.
Pros and cons of the two line vs the three line set up for the front brakes?

Attachments

• 20220828_125552.jpg
    20220828_125552.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 14
I like that you can get custom colors from Speigler .
Your bike looks good Mario , I had a mark 1 2003 , but a darker blue . Nice to see a clean old bike , here in Scotland the third colour on older bikes is Rust Red ! Back to brake lines , after 4 years you should change your brake lines . The manufactures want to make money . But , older rubber brake lines “swell” under hard braking . Steel lines don’t , giving a harder feel . The two lines work fine , just take time routing them so as they don’t feel tense or twisted . You get a longer banjo bolt in the kit for the reservoir end . Check out the ”how to do sites for how other guys did it . I’ve got a kit just now , and will be fitting it in the next two days , I’ll do some pics on my gen 11 . Tatty bye .

I recently put on a set of lines from Venhill (via amazon). They do different color combos too, I went with the carbon look on the lines and black fittings. The set was a little better priced than the galfer or speigler kits I looked at and the quality seems very nice. The two line front setup works nice, easy to route and set up. Also did new pads and flushed/bled everything so they're nice and clean and firm now.

I like that you can get custom colors from Speigler .e line setup
I've got the three line setup. I ran the Galfer, picked the silver color to match the silver on the bike. I also put the double HH centered pads. All so worth it. Great stopping power and the brake lever is totally firm

Back