Speed Bleeders

I want to fit my 2008 FZ1 with Spiegler speed bleeders but so far I can't confirm the bleeder screw size. According to the parts info, the front and rear calipers have different numbers but neither give the actual size. It's been suggested that they are M8X1.25 but no one is willing to put their neck on the chopping block for that. The dealer where I am staying did confirm the different numbers but couldn't find a size. I am not about to start pulling bleeder screws when I'm away from home. Does anyone know what the actual sizes for the front and rear calipers are?:confused:

well, another manufacturer confirms the M8x1.25, Goodridge

Hope this helps....still leaves you on the fence as not being definitive. I'll see if I'm successful in another area

BroHay

Yes, I was thinking about that yesterday. When my friend brought over his bleeding kit, it had a "Y" fitting enclosed in the box. I should have connected both calipers up front and both bleeders on the rear. I think I am going to pick up the better vacuum system this weekend rather than the gravity system. It's something good to have for both the car and the bike.

Let us know how that works. My whole reason for going to speed bleeders is because it seems like every time I want to do it I'm by myself and it's tough to work the brake level and turn a bleeder screw by yourself. With the speed bleeders you don't have to worry about loosening and tightening after each squeeze. I know that supposedly if you put your hose in a bottle of brake fluid air can't back up in the hose but I still like the idea of a checkball preventing a backup.

Back