Some Car Stuff!

Since I'll be towing mine and Tony's bikes down to Deals Gap, I figured that it's a good time to upgrade my car's suspension. You know I'm a stickler for pics and how to's so I figured I'd do one for the Olds suspension upgrade. I'll be installing new MOOG Cargo Coil Springs, Gabriel H.D. Coil Over Shocks, MOOG Rear Control Arm Bushings, and finishing it off with a Class II Hitch from U-Haul. I went down this evening to take some measurements from the car as a reference point. This will be my "Before" picture. Once everything is installed, I'll post an "After" shot. As it rides now, the rear is way too low and soft. Once finished I'll be able to pull the trailer and both bikes and luggage with no problem. More to come on this one!

DCP_0760-1.jpg

Cool! A CAR thread! :D This will be a welcome change of pace. Thanks Billy!

I'm still hoping to come down. I won't be able to take my wife along but I'm going to wait until the last minute before I have to back out.

Ok.... is the car apart yet? Where's the pics? ;)

I'm still hoping to come down. I won't be able to take my wife along but I'm going to wait until the last minute before I have to back out.

Ok.... is the car apart yet? Where's the pics? ;)

I'm still praying that all will be well and we'll see you and Michele down south. As for the car, no she's still all together. The garage is so small that the car won't fit in there. This will all be done with the car partially in the garage. Today when I get home I am going to get under there and soak all the 25 year old bolts with PB Blaster. This way when I'm ready to disassemble I won't have issues. I'm also changing out the shock hardware with new Grade8 stuff from work. I'll definitely be taking pictures as I go along. I've done at least 4 spring/shock swaps already so aside from rusty bolts, it should go rather quickly. The hitch will be another story as I will have to drill the frame rails. Thats where I'll need another set of hands to mark locations while I hold the unit up underneath. The rear control arm bushings will be fun as well. It will be done soon however. The trip down to Deals Gap has motivated this "old man" into once again crawling underneath a car!

Well then you want cars... I took this in Greenwood BC on my trip. He was probably headed for the huge car show in Penticton BC that weekend. 1965? Chevy Impalla. (I think). Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I know I'm at least close.

RedCar.jpg

Well since we're posting about cars. Here are the two Corvettes I've owned in the past. The Blue one was a '94 (LT1, 6-speed). The yellow one was an '02 (fully loaded LS1, 6-speed). Enjoy :D

RDSC00742.jpg

RDSC00731.jpg

RDSC00730.jpg

DSC01903.jpg

DSC01871.jpg

I'd have kept the yellow one!!! Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The blue one was in much nicer condition. It was always more of a show car than a driver, but that yellow one was FAST!!! Took my brother for a ride when I first got it and hit 120 MPH in the blink of an eye. Multi-lane road was pretty much empty, plus my brother was in his police uniform :D

My trailer is undergoing a makeover for the trip. Plus it gives pop something to do. Going to freshin up the deck and paint the frame.
Looking to score some wheels and Tires but will be happy if tires only with good spare come out of the deal.
Already have both wheel chocks just need to get me and pops bikes side by side to place them. I think Im going to stagger the front tire so the Bars arent grip to grip. Not sure yet.
By staggering I can reduce tongue weight with one bike back a bit.
Nothing I hope is going to stop us from making this trip.
My pop isnt at his best but refuses to consider not going. We are excited to get there.
:kuku:

A car thread! Perfect for me! I have a few pics of the cars I rented last summer when I was in Germany. First is a Mercedes Benz E 200K. I hit 235 Km/H (146 mph) in that thing with a little bit left. Second is a brand new BMW 520D. A much nicer car than the Mercedes, but wasn't quite as fast (only got it to 145 mph).

5167_662355741790_16929226_40197485.jpg

5167_662356200870_16929226_40197500.jpg

5167_662355761750_16929226_40197489.jpg

My dream is to be able to own a Dodge Viper some day. We'll have to see how that turns out...

I faxed over the dimensions to a good buddy with a fab shop near my job to make this up for me tomorrow. I saw this tool on Ebay for I think almost 30 bucks. I figured I'd have it made for a fraction of the price. Those bushings will be off in a snap!

BushingRemovalTool-1.jpg

Back