Solar Powered Battery Charger

Anyone know anything about solar battery maintainers?

I've been tossing around the idea for a while... normally, keeping the battery isn't a problem since winters are relatively mild around here, but this year, the snow started early, and it doesn't look like it's going to get warmer any time soon....

I live on a 3rd floor apartment, and there are no outdoor power receptacles on the outside of the apartment building anywhere near the bike... so I can't run a regular trickle charger... I'm wondering if one of these solar powered models would be worth a damn.

12V SOLAR CHARGER

Solar Powered Battery Charger 12v 5w - eBay (item 250297038021 end time Dec-17-08 12:23:08 PST)

Solar Powered 12v Battery Trickle Charger

Solar battery charger kit, 15W 12V /w 7 amp controller

6V/12V Multi Purpose Solar Panel Charger

I'd just like something to keep the battery on the bike charged... and don't have access to power outside....

If it does a really good job, the battery on my truck is dead as hell also... so I'd probably pick up one for the truck as well.... to see if I could get that puppy running again...

Let me know what y'all think. Worth a damn? Waste of money? get a cheap one for $20-$30 and try it out? Does anyone have any experience?

Dennis, I know you have a hand in trying and testing motorcycle equipment... ever play around with these?

Back