So what motor oil is everyone using?

Xlerat

Just bought an 01 fz1, and was wondering what is the recommended oil. Can you use automotive oil? and is fullsynthetic fine in the fz1, because it made my TL1000S clutch slip. Ex tlplanet.com, tillis rest in pieces :shoot:

Welcome to the forum! If you change your oil every 3,000 miles like the manual calls for, then just use the recommended oil and you'll be fine. DO NOT use oils that have "Energy Conserving" written in the stamp on the back of the quart. You will get a thousand different responses to this question. Everyone has their favorite brands and blends. Don't drive yourself crazy thinking about which one to use. Pick a decent oil and stick with it. The bike will run just fine with it. I used both Yamalube from the dealer, and Mobil 1. Both worked fine. Earlzach loves his Schaffer's Oil and won't use anything else. :poke: Congrats on the new ride. Post some pics when you have time!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:doh2: :wilynily: :gagged: :rant:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:doh2: :wilynily: :gagged: :rant:

Hahahaha!!!!!!!lolup

Here we go again...
images

I use Mobil 1 4T racing oil

I use only organic, grain fed, farm fresh oil sourced from fair trade dinosaurs. One dollar from every litre goes towards food and shelter for orphaned pelicans in Brazil.

Just kidding, I use Rotella T6 from Wal-Mart at $20 a jug :)

Not sure I want to be involved in this discussion. I think the last time we had it Crazy Joe disappeared forever, Iran developed nukes and I now have to wear a bra but what the heck I'll bite.

Repsol 4t sport anything else is putting water in you crankcase.:flip::poke::stirpot::fencers::teeter: :starwars:

Back